Chapter 13

(Quick Authors note) HELLO MY FRIENDS, I have returned and I apologize for my disappearance. I have been dealing with some mental issues and have not had the time to write, but I am back to my naturally evil ways, enjoy this chapter!

     Despite my constant quest for vengeance I couldn't fill the void that was constantly growing in my heart, a hole that felt dark and empty, it scares me a little if I'm being totally honest. But I know that for me to get what I want I need to send a giant "fuck you" to the gods, so I headed for the next ones on my list, the sun and the moon, the twins, Apollo and Artemis. 

     It took me a week to find the camp that Artemis had. For some reason the snow and cold didn't bother me, maybe I'm just this way now, forever cold without the sun in my life. I managed to keep the snow and sleet from covering me, it's all water in the end, just in a different form, so staying dry was super easy. 

     I examined the camp from my perch, the wind howling in my ears as I picked out the girls in their silver outfits. There was a total of 15, Thalia included. Kinda hard to miss her with her blue streaks in her black hair. I really hope she doesn't try to get in my way. It would be a shame to have to kill her. I looked to the center of the camp and saw Artemis duck under the canvas. A low growl escaped my throat and I jumped down from the branch. 

Thalia POV: 

     Thalia was speaking with lady Artemis when there was a loud commotion that came from the other side of the camp. Both girls looked towards the entrance to the tent, weapons drawn. 

"Stay here milady, I'm sure that we can handle this" 

She calmly exited the tent and broke into a run once she left, shedding her calm demeanor as her nerves bundled at the thought of there being more conflict. She heard screams that succeeded in only confirming her worst fears. When she arrived there was a ring of hunters encircling a humanoid figure that she recognized as she got closer. 

"Percy?" 

He looked up at her, his lips curled into a snarl as he held a hunter by her throat. His hair was long and unkempt, his eyes wild and his skin pale, a mere shell of his former self. Thalia felt fear grip her heart, the strongest demigod she knew was sitting in her camp, killing her friends because he'd finally been pushed to far. A lot of people were hurting from the loss of Annabeth, but they paled in comparison to the anguish that Percy was in. 

"Bring me Artemis an I'll let you live." he growled, his gaze piercing through Thalias soul and making ice creep into her. She held out a hand to him. 

"Why are you doing this Perce? I know you miss her, but you're not the only one! We're all hurting but this is too much!"  His eyes hardened and he squeezed the girls throat, causing the girl to cry out and grab his wrist, her face turning red as it became harder and harder for oxygen to circulate through her system. 

"They took her from me! They don't care about us so I'm taking away the only thing that they do care about. Their power, their lives. I'm bringing them down to our level, I'll make them beg for mercy until I cut off their tongues and pierce their hearts!" 

"Annabeth wouldn't want this Percy! Please, I'm begging you, stop this before it's too late."

He growled and squeezed the girls neck harder, a small snap heard was throughout the circle and she crumpled to the ground laying still, here eyes half open and the red fading into a purple as the last of life escaped from her. 

"If you won't call her, I'll kill all of you to get to her then. I hope you find her worthy of such loyalty." 

The ring began to close slowly, but one of the hunters broke ranks and charged, swinging her sword in an overhand cut. But she was too slow, Percy saw an opening and ducked under her blow, slashing Riptide across her throat, splashing the snow with red as the girl grabbed her throat, unable to stop the blood flow and falling face down with a sick gurgling emanating from her throat. 

Thalia watched aghast as he tore through her friends and comrades, her feet felt cemented to the ground, it was almost as if she was watching an iris message rather than experiencing this for herself. Turning the ring into little more than a pile of corpses, and the snow bright red around each one, gasping and groaning easily audible as the sickly sweet smell of death rose into the air. 

She snapped herself out of her stupor and was finally able to take action, her shield Aegis springing to life as she hefted her spear, circling him, tears flowing freely from her eyes. 

"Percy...please." he only shook his head

"Save it Thalia, move out of the way, don't make me kill you too." 

"You know I can't do that Percy. I'll be marked a traitor, an outlaw." He gestured to the bodies on the ground. 

"Then you will suffer the same fate as these fools, misplaced loyalty can often be deadly." 

He ran towards her, his face stern and determined, his eyes, a dull green blazing with anger and betrayal and even some sadness. He was five feet away when a flash of lightning threw him backwards and on the ground. His skin steaming as he rose to his feet. He grinned madly and laughed, slowly tilting towards hysterical. Thalia felt her heart breaking as he said.

"That tickled." 

Thalia blinked in surprise, the remark was almost the old Percy, and when her eyes opened again, he was gone. She turned in a full circle, panic once again clawing at her heart and dulling her nerves. Suddenly there was a sharp sting running up her calf and she collapsed to one knee. When she looked up she saw him, but it wasn't Percy, it was a monster wearing Percy's face. There was nothing left of her friend as he glared down at her and grabbed her hair, dragging her to the center of the camp. 

She did her best to resist him, but he was too strong, she clawed and bit at him, even tried punching him, but it had the same affect of sucker punching a steel door. So finally she decided to just go limp, hoping that the dead weight would slow him down, it didn't. And she saw the beginning of a grin cross his face as they finally made it to the center of the camp. 

"Artemis" he roared "come face me! I slaughtered your foolish following." 

Thalia renewed her efforts to escape. 

"Run la-" she was cut off by a sharp blow to her jaw and Riptide appearing against her throat. Blood began to trickle from her nose and mouth as she looked up at him and glared. Artemis stepped out of her tent, she was aged twenty rather than her usual teenage self. Ancient greek armor covering her shins and chest. 

Artemis: 

The goddess felt intense pain as the numbers of her following were slain by some unknown monsters, and when she called him out of her tent she expected a great force. She was immediately ready to blast him into oblivion until she saw the true form of what it was. Her heart grew heavier as it began to sink into an ocean of guilt. Her family had created another broken demigod, but she wasn't sure that they could kill this one. 

She reached out to reason with him when a sword sprang from the middle of Thalias chest, she coughed horribly as blood began to gush from her mouth, the sword was pulled out and she toppled to her side, the snow slowly absorbing her blood. She looked up at the goddess, and reached a hand out, fear filling her eyes until there was nothing. Just a corpse with eyes wide and mouth agape.