Chapter 15

(Hello Everybody!!! did you miss me? I am back and ready to cause some more emotional damage on this rollercoaster of a Vendetta that Percy has. I have a lot more time to fill at night so lets hope the creativity continues to flow and allows me to provide you with the best story possible. Now without further ado, I bring to you! Dark! Percy!!!!)

Percy POV: I started to shake as I watched the goddess of the hunt fall to her side, laughter raking my sides as I threw my head back and roared with the laughter of a man drunk with power. How many more could I kill before the Olympians finally retaliated? Or have they all started to hide because they realize mycampaign reigns true and that they are the guilty party in the end of all of this. The wars they would rage, the sacrifice of their children's lives in order to protect their power and greed, how had they not begun to feel greed before this? Sending countless heroes to their demise in order to entertain them, or fetch some obscure item that the gods would never use anyways. I scanned the floor with my eyes and saw the silver bow and quiver of Artemis, and smiled cruelly and picked it up, slinging the bow and quiver over my shoulders. "This could come in handy." And so I left the horrendous scene of my handiwork. Walking slowly and admiring it, the corpses of 30 lives I had taken and yet, I only felt proud in my ability, no shame, no guilt. I was keeping my eyes on the prize and nothing was going to keep me from getting Annabeth back. You would think that targeting Apollo next would make the most sense but I wanted the pompous sun god to feel the death of his sister for as long as possible. So I headed to the Central library, my next target would be Athena, the god that failed at protecting her own kin. As I entered the library I choked back tears, Annabeth loved this place. I could see her, walking through the shelves, running her hands along the spines of the books with a furrow in her brow as she searched for the exact title and author that she needed for a project she was working on. Humming softly to herself and ready to kill if she's interrupted. I shook his head violently, the only way I could possibly see the love of my life again is if I complete my mission. I smiled bitterly, the irony that I would have to kill her mom in order to get her back. I even started to feel bad about it, almost. Now I had to think to myself, "what's the best way to piss off Athena?" The idea came quickly. I was going to burn the library to the ground. I walked back out the door to gather the supplies I needed. It was going to be a long night.

Athena POV:

Athena had been evaluating the threat level of her late daughters jilted lover the moment she had heard about the death of Ares, so far she had noticed that no god had been able to hold a candle to his power. Deducing the cause of this had been quite the headache for her as she studied the notes she had on the table in front of her. Her brow furrowing nearly identical to how Annabeth looked when she would concentrate on a task, suddenly she felt a disturbance, one of the great libraries was in great danger. She jumped to action and teleported quickly to where she felt the distress of knowledge. And what she saw created a knot of fear and disgust within her. The library was ablaze, smoke billowing out of the windows and the red glare of flames licking at the night air were easily seen. But what caught her eye was on the rooftop, where she saw a dark figure standing next to her name etched in fire and she knew...she would be the next victim of Perseus Jackson. 

She appeared before him, cautious of the menacing gleam that was radiating from Riptide and maintaining her distance so that she wasn't met with a premature demise. She was nearly confident that she would be unable to defeat him in a trial by combat so she decided to appeal to his better nature and made a fatal mistake. She shapeshifted into Annabeth, every detail was perfect, down to the armor she was wearing when she died.

"Percy, please, what you're doing...its wrong. Stop before you make this worse"

Percy appeared to recoil at the sight of his dead girlfriend, Athena had even managed to mimic her voice, his confidence seemed to falter and his eyes softened at the perfect imitation before him. He lowered riptide and reached out his hand.

"Wise girl...I miss you so much, I'm going to get you back, I promise"

He snapped out of the initial trance that Athena had caused him to enter. His brow darkened with anger and his voice cut like a whip.

"For someone so smart, that was an awfully stupid thing to do dont you think? You successfully reminded me of my ambition, and you have NO RIGHT! To make yourself look anything like her. Change back Athena, don't make me kill you while you look like her, it will make this harder for sure, but I know you're not her, she was ten times the woman you are."

He leveled Riptide towards her, the tip pointing towards her throat as she paused, shocked that her attempt to emotionally manipulate him had failed so miserably. He was smarter than she gave him credit for, something that Annabeth had tried telling her in the past, she should have known that the savior of Olympus wouldn't be so simple to fool.

"Change. Back. NOW!"

The power that came with the command made Athena recoil as she switched back to her normal form, shield and spear in hand, fear alight within those normally harsh grey eyes.

"Percy, please, there has to be another way!"

"Another way?" he sneered, "You had your chance, all you had to do was say yes, she hadn't even been dead for a full day! NO, there is no other way, you all sealed your fate the moment you decided that you would allow children to fight the battles of gods." and with that he charged.

Athena rolled backwards as he made an overhead cut at her, feeling the blade slice the air where her head had been, she quickly recovered and blocked his next stroke with her shield, stabbing towards him with her spear. He quickly grabbed the shaft just below the spearhead and snapped it with one hand, snarling like a rabid animal that had just been poked with a stick as he kicked into her shield and sent her flying back, the air driving out of her lungs as she landed harshly onto her back. As she tried to rise she felt a heavy impact on her nose, her face heating as she felt ichor running down her face. And as she laid on her back in a daze she felt her arm being crushed beneath his weight. She stared up at her aggressor, teary eyed as she knew the fate that awaited her.

She tried to raise a hand to plead for her life, and as it rose she felt fire in her wrist and her hand spun out of sight, Athena howled in pain and thrashed her whole body, her nerves on fire with the will to live. But to no avail, he never even budged.

"Percy" she choked, "I beg of you! Stop this!" he smiled at her, his eyes devoid of his normal mischief and humor.

"Athena, you are accused of failing to protect your daughter, your blood, from the consequences wrought by the gods and their poor decisions, instead choosing to endanger her and ultimately causing her to lose her life. I find you guilty of these crimes, and hereby sentence you to die!"

He took riptides hilt in both hands and raised it above his head, the point aiming for Athena's heart. She cried and thrashed against his grip as she felt the burn of flesh separating and the heat of the blade as it made its way to her heart, and as her vision dimmed, all she could see was Annabeth by his side, looking down at her with distaste, and her body faded from view, her consciousness fading away into nothing.