Chapter 11

(short authors note) hey guys, I'm so sorry for how much time this chapter took, I was busy with work and I had shoulder surgery, so I couldn't really type anything out for a while, a million times sorry, but now for the long awaited battle! Also! I'm trying something new, we will witness the death of a god through their own eyes, let me know what you think. (end note) 

They disappeared in a flash of light, Riptide seemed lighter in my hands, glowing and humming with intense power, and deep inside of me I knew that I could win this war. 

Ares POV: 

Ares had never fallen under the control of other gods before, because to his knowledge, there weren't any! So you could imagine his surprise when he couldn't move his body for an entire minute until a blinding flash come from the room he had just thrown the hero of Olympus into. His eyes widened as Percy emerged from the rubble, steam rising from his skin and an intense burn radiating from him. 

"Stop this madness!" he roared 

"it's impossible to kill a god." he smirked, twirling his sword and turning it into a spear. Percy merely laughed at his remark, 

"I thought the same thing," he cracked his neck, 

"but some new powers have come to light."

 Ares stabbed at the cocky twerp, he was the god of war! he would not be defeated so easily, what chance could a mere mortal, have against him? Even bearing the curse of Achilles, the demigod could be killed. The kid smacked his spear to the side rolling to the left and slashing at Ares, a deep cut appearing in his side. He roared as the ichor oozed steadily from his side, it wasn't healing, why wasn't the cut healing?! And so for the first time in thousands of years, fear soaked the mind of a god, and as the fear dominated, Ares lost his discipline, stabbing and swiping wildly, but never hitting his mark. 

The demigod always seemed to dodge just in time, or his attacks would merely glance off of his flesh, Ares tried everything, balls of fire, swords, spears, guns, nothing seemed to work. The kid was teasing him, taunting his every missed attack, and after what felt like hours, the gleam in Percy's eyes changes, and he went on the offensive. 

The demigod soared over his head, smacking him with the pommel of that cursed blade, he summoned a shield and kept Percy from running him through, barely. Percy was fast, faster than anything Ares had ever seen, he was barely able to keep up. The kid was battering his shield with heavy, staggering attacks, flicking his sword last minute and cutting tendons, rendering his limbs useless, cutting his arms, hands, legs and face into ribbons. And with an earth shattering scream, the god was on his knees, the floor and his body painted gold with his blood, Riptide humming angrily under his chin as he looked at his attacker, anguish and fear in his eyes. Ares wasn't ready to die, the thought had never even crossed his mind in a nightmare. Gods can't die, the idea is just, inconceivable. Tears welled in his eyes. 

'

"Mercy," he croaked, the demigod merely sneered at the request. 

"Mercy" he mocked, "where was mercy when my friends were being slaughtered in the titan war?! Where was mercy!?" his voice quieted. "Where was mercy when Annabeth died? no Ares, you shall receive no mercy, not from me." 

guilt filled Ares with remorse, how many times had this happened? How too often of a story was it that demigods fought and died to please him and his siblings, his own children even! And did the gods ever mourn the loss? No, they sat in their palaces, relieved that somebody else had done the work. He was snapped away from his train of thought. 

"Ares, god of war, you stand accused of using and manipulating mortals for your own self gain." his head hung

"LOOK AT ME!" Ares looked up, despair and fear evident in his eyes. 

"And for these crimes," Riptide pointed to the gods heart

"You have been found guilty." Ares screamed as pain enveloped his body, the blade slowly ripping through flesh and bone towards his beating heart and then there was nothing, as Ares floated towards the abyss. 

Percy: 

I smiled as I drove Riptide through his heart, the blade coated in gold as the tip protruded from his back and his body melted into a puddle of gold. The beginning of my crusade was complete, I grabbed one of Ares' bikes I hadn't destroyed and rode away, heading to my next target, Zeus.