Louis x reader

This was requested by WhyDoIFeelAtAll
I'm so excited for this because as I've said I love Louis❤❤ Also, sorry I haven't posted in a while finals have me STRESSED!!

        We knew a brutal raid on Ericson was impending. Everyone was tense as we frantically tried to prepare our defenses. Everyone except Louis.
        I could hear Vi lecturing him, Clem standing close by with her arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed.
       "Goddammit, Louis. Take this seriously, for once in your life!", Vi scolded. Louis shot back, "I've been taking this seriously for fucking days!".
        As much as I wanted to defend him, Violet was right. We could be ambushed at any second. Killed savagely or stolen from the only place we've ever called home.
        We could all die, with so many regrets. I would have never told Louis how I feel about him. What if I never get the chance to tell him how eye catching he is? Or how his jokes are exactly what I need to get through each day?
        God... What the fuck am I thinking? There's no way he would like me! Besides I need to get to work, there's no time to be thinking like this. And with that I pushed any thoughts of him to the back of my mind.

/////////////////

        We worked tirelessly for weeks, from sunrise to sunset. Setting up traps and making all necessary preparations to stop the raiders. This night was different though, the raiders decided to show up.
        Clem came down from the lookout post and alerted us they were here. She started giving a small speech as everyone gathered around
          Fuck, I was too scared to listen. I felt someone brush against me, it was Louis. I turned to look at him, his eyes were already on me.
         Louis sounded like he was frightened, but he was trying to cover it up. "In case it all goes to hell, and I don't see you again during the fight... just know-"
        A gun shot rang out through the open yard and Omar was on the ground. I was stunned, frozen in place.
      I felt Louis grab my hand and drag me behind cover. It was like my mind went blank, usually I'm good in a fight, but this time I kept forgetting what to do.
     No, no focus. I grabbed my bow, just as the gates burst open. There was fire everywhere. The raiders stumbled in, their cages close behind.
     Clem was distracting Lilly. There was a standoff forming, as every raider had their gun on Clem. Louis, Vi and I were crouching behind the blockaid, weapons ready for if we fall back to the admin building.
      An explosion rang through the air. Making my ears ring, I stumbled back a bit.
      "Y/n! Get ready to fall back", Violet said refocusing me. "Okay, yeah. I- I'm  good", I aimed my bow again.
       I looked to Louis. His face was stern, but his arms were shaking. I wonder if he would kill a raider if he knew it was necessary? Would I?
       I saw Mitch out of the corner of my eye. He was running to Lilly. She was too quick though and before I knew it her knife was in his neck. I saw the terror in Mitch's eyes as his hands frantically clawed at the blood pouring out of him. Lilly finished him off.
      "Kill who you have to! Take the rest!", Lilly hollered to her people. Rapidly gunfire was everywhere. Again, I was petrified. I knew my body was visible over the barrier but, I couldn't move. Not after I saw Mitch.
      He was gone. She killed him so swiftly, not taking a moment to think he was just a  kid. Only an angsty teenager that the world had failed. He was trying to save his friends. I guess to her he was just another potential soldier and now he was  just another body.
     The raiders were advancing on us. Everything was going in slow motion, it felt like we had been fighting for hours. But, only a few minutes had gone by. I felt so desensitized, almost like the adrenaline blinded me.
      I did see one thing though. Although, they were a yard or two away. I could still see a female raider with her finger on the trigger. Eyes squinted trying to line up the bullet on...Me!
      Shit, shit! I knew I needed to move, my body wouldn't allow me to. This was it. I was done for. I closed my eyes, and felt memories flooding back to me. Of happier times, better times.
      i felt motion near me. Like someone was running at me. I was taken down to the rough soil by- Louis!
       I heard Clem tell everyone to fall back. I grabbed Louis' outstretched hand and ran to the main building. We climbed the stairs and hid with Clem. Until, a raider fell right into our trap.
       I cut the rope and a duffle bag of bricks crushed him, I cringed at the sound of his bones crunching. Abel threw a Mozel Tov cocktail, splitting me from Louis.
       Aj, Clem and I fleed from the smoke. Opening the door to Marlon's old office.
       Before we could lock the door. Abel kicked his way in, slamming Aj to the floor with the door. I staggered away from him helping Aj up. Clem kicked Abel to the floor, I slammed my boot into his stomach with as much force possible.
        Aj called out to Clem, the moment she averted her eyes from Abel he knocked her to the ground. The knife skidding between them. I went for it, snatching the knife and stabbing the raider's thigh. His fist sailed into by lip, busting it open.
         He called out, but somehow managed to pull the dagger out and force himself up. Pouncing on Clementine, he held her against the desk. Trying to break her arm.
          I punched and pulled at Abel from behind. His elbow collided with my nose, throwing me off his back. As he was distracted with me, Clem bludgeoned his eye with a lighthouse figurine.
        Aj had recollected himself and rushed Abel. Stabbing and beating him with a fire poker.
        Miraculously, Abel was still capable of standing. Before he could make use of it though, Clem darted into him. Knocking his body through the glass paneled door. They were now leaning against the railing, each one trying to get the edge on the other.
       When it looked like Clem was going to lose the battle, I took over. Pushing Clem out of the way I started wailing on Abel.
        Until, I heard a crack and then another. Abel's mouth opened wide as the balcony gave out. He grabbed my forearm and I was coming down with him. All I remember is my stomach dropping and the whirling of wind in my ears. I didn't even have time to scream. Then we hit the courtyard ground.

//////////////////

     I could feel that I was awake. But, I hadn't opened my eyes yet. There was unfamiliar voices coming from somewhere near me. Then a familiar one, Louis.
     That realization willed me to open my eyes. I peered around. There was brick everywhere. Is this a cell?
    What-what is this? Where am I? Am I in the-No, no this isn't happening!
    I sat up too quickly. Making the sides of my eyes go black. I groaned cradling my head, I guess this is what happens when you fall from a building. Fuck Abel, I hope that killed him.
      Louis was at the cell door. Talking to someone threw the bars. "Y/n! You're awake, finally", Louis turned and sat next to me on the bed.
       "Lou, where are we? Is this the- the Delta?", my hands were shaking as I rose my head to look at Louis. He smiled weakly, "I- yeah i think so".
         "Fuck", I was crying now, "Louis what are we going to do? They-we, what if we never go home?", my head was in my hands.
       I felt Louis' arm around me. "Y/n, look at me. Please". I reluctantly looked into his mocha eyes. They looked sad.
        He frowned,"I know this- this is terrible, it really is. But, no matter what happens here. We have eachother", he pulled me closer, "we have eachother, y/n and that's all we need".
        I recollected myself. "We have eachother... Thank you for that, Lou. And thank you for saving my ass last night", I smiled pressing my face into his chest.
      "Of course, y/n. That's what you do for the people you love".