Actions Have Consequences

Aiden grunted as he leaned back against the tree, shuffling slightly on the spot to try and get comfortable. It was no use, his body was stiff and sore, his clothes were wet and to make everything worse – his hands cuffed behind his back.

He narrowed his eyes, glaring as he saw the shapes of Jesse and her friends disappear from sight. Heading off to probably go home and strut through their town, gloating.

"Uh, Aiden?"

He growled, Maya's annoying voice being like a splash of petrol onto the fire that was his temper. "What?" He snapped.

"What do we do next?" She asked him.

"They're going to put us in jail!" Gill added in a whiny voice.

"Yeah, well suck it up." Aiden said, wiggling his hands behind his back. "There's no way out of this now! And you know who's fault that is, right?"

Maya and Gill exchanged glances before looking back at him and shaking their heads.

"Yours!" Aiden hissed. "You let that loser get past you and into the palace! You had one job!"

"But she was invisible!" Maya gasped in exasperation. "How were we meant to-"

"Shut up!" Aiden sneered. "Just shut up already!"

Maya and Gill's shoulders sank, but they remained silent, only nodding their heads. Aiden glanced over to where the sky city guards were. Most of them had followed after the inn keeper guy, but a few were still hanging around to keep an eye on them.

Aiden gritted his teeth, his mind racing. Escape, they needed to escape. He was not about to become a prisoner for the rest of his life, especially not because of Jesse.

"Do you think prison food tastes good?" Aiden rolled his eyes, hearing Gill's question to Maya.

There had to be something they could do. Or he could do, he would leave the other two behind in a heartbeat if he could get out of there.

Aiden tugged on his cuffs, seething with rage. He's always despised Jesse, that was no secret. But the thing that made his blood boil, was how she humiliated him. Turning her back on him up there, planning on leaving him. Forcing him to practically plead for her forgiveness, just to save himself.

And she still threw him off. She knew there'd be a lake to catch him, but he didn't know that. And those moments he plummeted through the air, were hands down the worst of his entire life.

A shadow fell over Aiden, making him look up. Immediately his eyes narrowed in a scowl, his mouth tightening in a stiff line.

"Get up." The guard ordered.

Maya and Gill were quick to scramble to their feet, Gill nearly falling right back over without his arms for balance. Aiden's glare intensified, before he slowly stood up from the ground, swaying slightly once he stood before catching his balance as well.

"Follow us." The guard said bluntly, turning around and beginning to walk away. Two other guards made sure to be on either side of them, not taking any chances.

Aiden growled under his breath, taking the lead as he walked after the guards. Maya and Gill continued to whisper among each other about irrelevant subjects.

"What are you planning to do with us?" Aiden heard himself ask the guard in front of him, coldly.

"Well, because of you three, we don't have a city at the moment." The guard responded. "There's going to be a lot of building, farming and hard work in your future."