This Month's Challenge!

And the daily one shots are back!!!

That's right, I promised I'd return with one of these in February, and here I am! Screw the 28 days as well, we're sticking to our proud 31 one shots, even if it means the challenge will bleed into March at the end xD

So what's the challenge for this month? I was really on the fence about that, because I felt like the pre-chosen prompts was a little too easy, and the word generator challenge was... well not too hard, I one hundred percent want to do it again, but for a month as busy as this one, I need something a teeny bit less challenging.
(Plus last time I was so drained by the word generator challenge that I didn't write one shots for an entire month after that! XD Can't have that happening again!)

So this one is a bit of both. I pre-made a list of prompts, like the old March Challenge. They're all quite wide-ranged prompts, and I also tried to keep them 2-3 word prompts, as I felt like we needed a bit of change from last challenge's one word prompts.

BUT WITH A TWIST!

This time, there won't be a prompt for a day one, a prompt for day two, no! This time, a random prompt from these 31 prompts will be chosen every day!
I am literally going to write them all down on bits of paper, put 'em in an old pencil case, and draw a random one blindly, every day!
Which means that everybody doing this challenge will have things in a different order.
(An easier method would be to assign a number to each prompt and use a number generator to pick, but I didn't think of that until after writing everything down xD So I'm going to draw the prompts the old fashioned way!)

Speaking of, this challenge is open to all, and I would highly recommend other committed writers to give this a go! You can ask anybody who's done this challenge before, including myself, that is does have it's ups and downs. There are days where you'll really have to push yourself to get the one shot written and out in time.
But the results show, I've seen visible improvement in my writing every time I did one of these. It's immense practice!

Anyhow, let's stop delaying and get to this month's 31 prompts!

- Falling Behind

- Dark Dreams

- Glowing Eyes

- A Long Journey

- Best Friends

- A Birthday Wish

- Withering Away

- Slithers of Hope

- A second too late

- Rainy Days

- Unfamiliar Sights

- As Time Ticks by

- Feeling Adventurous

- Off Track

- Golden Sunset

- Mistakes Were Made

- Building Fear

- Enchantments

- By Your Side

- Seeking Revenge

- Making Choices

- Barely Holding On

- Actions Have Consequences

- Taken by Surprise

- Feeling Betrayed

- Smiling broadly

- Starry Skies

- Eerie Silence

- Endless

- Ice Cold

- A Step too Far

And that's the 31 prompts! I tried to keep them somewhat loose, you can pretty much do anything with them. Like, even a prompt like Glowing Eyes, you might immediately think "ah, the admin", but the one shot could end up being about Jesse walking through the woods at night and seeing the glowing eyes of an owl in a tree. (Bad example, but you get the point)

The only prompt here that I will be writing on a set date, is "A Birthday Wish". I specifically chose that prompt for the 6th of February, because that is my birthday! But of course, if you're doing the challenge, feel free to randomize it along with the rest!

I also will be pushing myself a little less this month, to hopefully keep up the quality of my one shots. Last month, I felt like I was expecting too much of myself. Which was probably why writer's block kicked it.
I'm going to try and let myself off the hook easier this month, if one shots come out a little short on a difficult day or so on. 
And if inspiration dwindles, I'm going to allow myself to go back to some of my absolutely favourite things to write to keep me going strong. So there will probably be more than a few one shots focused on Jesse and Petra's friendship and so on, hell maybe even some one shots with Rascal in them. Ya'll know what I like to write by now!

I will be on holiday at one point in this challenge (I'll talk about my absence in my randomness book later), but that won't affect anything. Writing is something I love, and I'm not opposed to doing it on while on vacation!

I won't have signal for the most part, since we'll be at a national park. But every day there will at least be one point where we're going out to eat, or at one of the camps with signal. I will take that opportunity to just quickly post the day's one shot on my phone, no biggy!

Please don't feel like you need to comment less or anything in those days, I'm still going to read and respond to every comment - something I love doing. 

Now I believe that's all I have to say? I'LL SEE YOU ALL ON THE 1ST OF FEBRUARY THEN!!