"What?" I heard loud.

Chanel came back into the room and came over to us on the floor with tears in her eyes. She hugged Damien.

"I'm so sorry." She said hugging him.

I held both of them as they cried. I was crying because it was sad but mostly for the pain I know Damien is feeling. We finally got up and went in my room and laid down. Damien and Chanel cried themselves to sleep. This was something so unexpected and for Damien's birthday to be next week. I don't know what to do.

****************

*A couple days later*

"How's he taking it?" My mom asked.

"He has his moments but he's hanging in there." I said.

"So y'all going down there tomorrow morning or afternoon? She asked.

"Morning and Devon's coming too." I said. "Damien needs all the support."

"Yeah, I know." She said.

Shawn come in the kitchen where we were sitting with Blue following him. My mom picked her up and kissed her.

"You ready to go with grandma." My mom said.

Blue just laughed.

"You gonna miss me?" I asked tickling Blue.

She was just laughing. My mom took her with her and I leaned on Shawn.

"Everything's gonna be okay." Shawn said kissing the side of my head.

"I hope so." I said.

The next morning we were set to head to Maryland for the funeral with Devon. The plane ride wasn't that bad. Our first stop was his grandmothers old house. His aunt told us to meet her over there. We got up to the house and knocked. His aunt I'm guessing answered the door. She let us in and it was people there sitting around and talking. Damien seemed distant while I was talking to his aunt. She was telling me we had to stay for the reading of the will after the funeral and where it was gonna be. I saw a few people glancing towards Shawn, Chanel, Devon and Damien. Damien seemed to be glaring at a few people though. Damien said he wanted to leave so we left. Shawn, Chanel and Devon got in the car while I pulled Damien to the side.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Their fake." He said.

"Who?" I asked.

"They all are." He said. "I don't know who half those people in that house are and the other half never really cared for us."

"Why?" I asked.

"My real mom kind of messed up something's between the family and they shunned us. Now everyone want to come out of the wood work to see if they made the will, it's ridiculous." He said. "I just want to get this over with and go back to New York. I don't ever want to come back here."

"You don't mean that." I said.

"Ma, I have no reason to come back now. The only reason I did was for my grandma now she's gone and I have no reason no more." He said crying.

I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. My heartbreaks anytime my kids cry and I know right now I can't take away his hurt and I wish I could. Tomorrow is gonna be much worse.

*Funeral*

We got dressed for the funeral and was on our way to the funeral. When we got to the church Damien grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go. We were walking in but Damien stopped walking. Shawn looked at me but I told him to go ahead.