Prologue

Everything was perfect, my life was perfect. After years of waiting, I was finally going to confess my love to the most beautiful girl and also my best friend, Rachel Roth. I was in love with her since first grade. Flowers in hands, I walked back home to take the necklace I bought her and call her. Rachel and her parents were coming back from a trip that day and I was really excited to see her. My phone was on my nightstand, I took it and called her.

"Gar?" Her voice was music to my ears, but not as much as her laugh was, the most beautiful sound.

"Hey Rae" She chuckled in happiness. Rach was on the side of the road, her parents were putting their things in the back of the car. "You coming soon?" She hummed in response. "I'm really excited to see ya, in fact I even have a surprise for you"

My black and purple haired friend gasped. "You didn't, tell me you didn't! It better not be something expensive Garfield" I chuckled at her attitude.

"I think it would be better if I didn't say anything else about it" She giggled again, something that made my grin become even wider than it already was. "Okay I'll call you later Rae"

Rachel giggled again. "Later Gar, love you"

"Me too" She hung up.

—An Hour Later With The Roths—

Rachel was sitting in the back of the car. Her father, Tristan, was driving while her mom, Angela, was reading a poetry book. Everything was normal, or at least until the accident happened. Tristan looked behind him, at his precious daughter in the back, when a car hit them. All went black. It's only an hour later that the cops and the ambulances arrived.

—3 Hours Later—

I was still waiting for her to call me. 'She should already be home by now, it's been like... WAIT WHAT?!?, 5 hours! Something happened, something must have happened' I thought. The stress and the anxiety were filling my body and brain. I stood up and quickly ran to her house.