Home

ELIZA'S POV:

I could feel every single bone in my body as if it were being snapped in half. My muscles were on fire. I had long since given up screaming, it did no good and only added to my pain. My throat felt as if it had been rubbed with sandpaper. How long does one have to be in pain before they become numb to it? Surely I was close.
But there was still a small part of me that was adamant not to give my mother what she wanted. I would never go to the dark side no matter what she did to me. I could never betray myself, my friends, even the entire wizarding world like that. I would sooner die.
I never imagined a world where I would be hunted down and tortured by my own mother. Especially not one where she was convinced it was "for the greater good" and that she "didn't really want to hurt me".
I was going to die here. I knew that. People don't survive this type of torture. And I was sure as hell not going to give her what she wanted.
The first couple of days I tried to cling to some hope. A hope that one day I would see Sirius again. I told myself I would see my all my friends again, even the walls of Hogwarts once more. I had nearly convinced myself that I would live to eat another home cooked meal by Mrs. Weasley. I longed for more late nights with the members of the Order, where meetings turned into a gathering of family.
I truly believed I would see George again. I had longed to be wrapped in his warm arms, away from all this pain and misery. He would tell me everything was going to be okay, and I'd believe him because I know he'd never lie to me. I'd believe him because I love him so much.
But I will never get to experience any of that again. I was a fool. I was foolish enough to walk into this trap laid out for me. I was foolish enough to come to Bellatrix, alone. I served myself up on a silver platter for her. I thought I was being strong, but really I was being weak. This is weakness.
I've never thought much about dying. I am young, so it rarely crossed my mind honestly. Sure, I thought about death, but never really about dying myself. It had been on my mind a lot lately. I wonder what it will be like, what it will feel like. I'd like to imagine it as a release from all of this pain. Leaving this world behind in pursuit of another one, one without my psychotic mother.
I think that's why I was beginning to really welcome death. This torture was simply too much. The pain of it being inflicted upon me by my own mother was too much to bare. But death would surely take that all away.
Stop that.
The voice in my head was keeping me from my thoughts about death. It's the same voice that was telling me to be strong, and to keep holding on.
What should I be strong for? Sirius? George? Myself? They all seemed so distant now it was becoming difficult to grasp the idea of staying strong for them.
"Stand, now." My mother's sharp voice woke me from my thoughts.
I realized I was laying face dow on the cold, dirty floor. I wish I could cry, to release the pain, but I had somehow run out of tears to cry. I was an empty husk of a person.
Slowly pulling myself to my feet, I tried to ignore the fire spreading throughout my muscles. Every move I made felt like a thousand years of pain.
Dizzy, I found my feet on solid ground and stood in front of my mother. She was surveying me, looking at me from head to foot.
"Now, now.. You do not look very good, dear."
"Maybe it's the torture.." I mumbled, not even bothering to care about the repercussions of my attitude towards her.
My head whirling, I stumbled a bit over thin air, catching myself before I hit the ground.
I had been given only small amounts of food and water, and was severely sleep deprived. This was taking a toll not only mentally, but physically as well.
"I suppose we'll try again later. Go to your room," she said begrudgingly, rolling her eyes and nearly pushing me into the doorway that led to the hallway my room was in. Yaxley didn't even have to escort me anymore, I knew there was no point in fighting it anymore. I tried to, in the beginning. But I was too weak now, and I didn't even have my wand.
I shut the door behind me, collapsing on the moth eaten bed and drifting off.

"Georgie, stop!" I giggled, throwing my hands up to guard myself from the water being splashed in my face. The pond water felt so cool on my skin.
I felt the water cease, and two strong arms wrap around me, pulling me closer.
"If you say so.." George's voice was close to my ear, giving me goosebumps.
"Mmm, this is much better."
We stood like that for a while, both of us wrapped up in each others arms. This must be what heaven felt like.
"I wish we could stay like this forever," George sighed out, his fingers rubbing small circles in my back. This small act would normally put me to sleep.
"We can, if you just hang in there."
What was he talking about?
I looked up at George, confused.
"Stay strong, Liz. We can't let her win."
Who is he talking about? Who is she?
"You are not going to die this way, Liz.."