The Noble House of Black

Grimmauld Place was a dreary place. Especially in the summers, when it was just Sirius and I. But with a majority of the Order there it seemed more like home.
We had just gotten back in, Hermione shutting the painting of Mrs. Black up as soon as we got into the house to stop her from screaming any longer.
"Now, I'll prepare supper while you lot settle in." Mrs. Weasley tottered off to the kitchen, wand at the ready. I hadn't realized how late it had gotten, the sky outside turning to a dark indigo color.
I walked up to my room, opening the door to find my trunk already up there waiting for me.
My room was the only one in the house that didn't follow the grey and black color scheme. Sirius had gotten the bewitched paint to turn to a light powdery lavender color, and we had bewitched the window to show the scenes of an oceanside cliff, the sounds of waves crashing in the distance so often lulling me to sleep at night. It was small, the room only consisting of my bed, a dresser, a desk and two bedside tables, and now my school trunk. That being said though, it was home. There were so many beautiful memories here, with so many beautiful people.. Being here felt better, it made me a lot happier despite the current events..
"Kreacher did not know master Eliza would be returning home.. no he did not, and she brought the Mudblood and the blood traitor's with her.."
"Kreacher, I forbid you to use that awful word.." I yelled angrily at the house elf standing in my doorway.
Kreacher looked as pathetic as ever, walking away in his filthy tattered loin cloth.
I walked out onto the landing after changing, realizing I was still in school robes. I opted for a pair of pants and a sweater, the house feeling a bit colder without the presence of Sirius. I walked down the hall with no idea of where I wanted to go. All I knew was I didn't want to be alone right now.
"Mr. Blimes reckons our design is one of the best he's seen so far, Fred. Do you realize the position that puts us in?" I followed the sound of George's voice to the room the twins typically stayed in. They were both sat on the floor with at least six prototypes of the Extendable Ears they had been working on.
"You two are going to get caught if you don't put those away soon." I warned making them both jump up to look at me standing in the doorway.
"Blimey, Liz. Thought you were mum.." Fred threw a hand over his heart as George chuckled at his fright.
"Well that should tell you to be more careful then, shouldn't it?" I teased, walking to sit on one of the beds.
With a wave of his wand, George shut the door and mumbled "Muffliato,".
"What brings you to our humble abode?" Fred smirked at me, leaning back on his hands.
I rose my eyebrows at him, "This is my house!"
"Ahh, but it also serves as Order headquarters.. and as we are members of the Order.."
I rolled me eyes, "Sure, whatever helps you sleep better at night."
"What's up, Liz?" George asked, trying to detangle a knot on one of the prototypes.
"I just didn't want to be alone," I mumbled, but continued once I saw Fred and George looking at me with pity, "just continue whatever you were doing, I didn't want to interrupt. You two entrepreneurs have work to do!" I threw them a smile, laying on my stomach and propping my chin up on my hands to watch them.
George gave me a wary look, but I reached out and gave his shoulder a squeeze, hopefully translating with my look and my touch that I was fine just being with them. That's all it takes to make me happy sometimes, just being with my favorite people.
"Okay then, so what if we charm the.." Fred continued, but I lost focus on whatever they were talking about, watching George speak excitedly about what they were doing. It was wonderful to see, really. I know they used to be so worried about what they were planning on doing once leaving Hogwarts. For a while there, they had been so worried at the thoughts of having desk jobs in some lower level office of the ministry. However, Weasley Wizard Wheezes truly seemed to be an incredibly well thought out plan by both of them. I had been really quite impressed when they first told me about it. I know this is something they will both love doing, and I really think they are going to do really well. They have had such a positive response to their products so far. Well, from everyone except their mother.
I watched George absentmindedly now. His brow was furrowed together as they were discussing the business part of everything. But he still had his signature little grin playing at the corners of his mouth. His hair was tousled, looking as if he'd been running his hands through it all day. I suppose he had.. it was quite a stressful day.
I thought back to today. George was there for me. He was and will always be there for me, I know that. George is one of the only constants in my life. He was there when no one spoke to me on my first day of Hogwarts. He was there when a group of students tried to tease me for my last name. He was there when Malfoy tried to push me over the edge. He's always there. It's my favorite thing about George. Sure, we've had our fair share of rows. Which friends haven't? But you know what? At the end of the day he's always going to be the one to make sure I'm okay, despite what may have been said to each other.
"Eliza!"
I jumped at the sound of my name, taking an ungraceful tumble off of the bed. Thankfully, I fell on George, so he broke my fall.
"Bloody hell woman!" Fred howled with laughter, clutching at his sides.
"You alright?" George asked me, looking down at me half in his lap and half still on the bed. He was clearly holding in a laugh.
I rubbed my head, which I had of course hit on his knee in the process.
"Yeah,"
He let out a large laugh, reaching out his arm to me. He pulled me off of the bed and set me next to him, placing an arm around my shoulder.
"We should keep a shield charm around you, simply so you don't hurt yourself," Fred was still roaring with laughter.
My cheeks flushed red, and I buried my head in my hands. George pulled me closer into his side, his body shaking with laughter.
"Dinner- Oh would you STOP!" we all looked towards the door at the sound of Mrs. Weasley's voice, and then wincing slightly at the sound of Mrs. Black's screaming.
"Mudbloods, filth, blood traitors in my home!"
"Gotta love family, right?" I looked at Fred and George, shrugging my shoulders.