The One Everyone Feared

"Miss Lestrange, your attention please!" Professor McGonagall's impatient voiced snapped me out of my daydream.
I rubbed my eyes a bit, aware of all the eyes on me. I focussed my attention back to the front of the cold classroom where Professor McGonagall was teaching us about animal transfiguration.
I heard Fred and George chuckling beside me, and I quickly gave George a sharp nudge in the side as he was the one closest to me. Unfortunately, this only seemed to make him laugh harder.
"Mr. Weasley, are you trying to land a detention a day for the rest of your time here at Hogwarts? Please settle down!" Professor McGonagall snapped again, shutting George down for good.
I smirked down at my parchment, copying down what was written on the board and counting the minutes until our free period.

George, Fred and myself were walking back towards the Gryffindor common room after a grueling double transfiguration lesson.
"I don't know how McGonagall expects us to stay focussed once we've reached an hour and a half of transfiguring foul smelling rats.. There's only so much a man can handle." Fred complained, rounding a corner towards the staircase.
"Oh, just ask Liz, she's clearly quite good at keeping her focus in there.." George teased me, moving to hide behind Fred to protect himself from my wrath.
"George Weasley, one more word and I will hex you into the next century!" I let out, trying to sound as intimidating as I could manage. He always tried to make fun of me whenever McGonagall got on to me.
Before I could raise my wand high enough to threaten George, a loud sound of metal hitting the ground made us all jump back.
"S-sorry Miss Lestrange.." a nervous looking second year spluttered out, hurrying to gather the broken scale pieces from the floor.
"Oh, it's just Eliza.." I muttered, feeling my heart become heavy and my eyes fill with tears at the fear in his voice. I leaned down to try and help him and he flinched as I stretched my hand out to hand him some pieces.
"Oh, come off it!" George snapped, making the young boy run off without his broken scale, its pieces lying at me feet.
I hastily wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my robes and stood up, turning to face the twins.
"Are you okay?" George asked me, his voice gentle and eyes showing concern.
"I'm fine, let's get back to the common room, yeah?" I said quickly, wanting to not talk about this any longer.
We walked in silence the rest of the way. I could feel George's stare on me and Fred's on his, not wanting to overstep anything.
That's the trouble with being Bellatrix Lestrange's daughter. The constant fear of those surrounding me. It isn't easy, having a mother who is a convicted psychopathic killing machine. People are constantly on edge around you. And for good reason.. I wouldn't want to be near someone like that either. Sure, it'd be nice if people knew I hadn't had any contact with my mother in thirteen years and was nothing like her, but they don't. And I can live with that. I have to live with that.
"Mimbulus mimbletonia."
I was snapped out of my reverie by Fred saying the password to the common room, watching the Fat Lady swing open to grant us entrance.
"I'm off to meet Harry about Quidditch tryouts, I'll see you lot later!" Fred called behind him as he made his way up to the boys dormitories to grab his things.
George and I sat down in our favorite chairs by a large window overlooking the grounds. It's in a little alcove in the room, so it's quieter. Despite George being rambunctious most of the time, he still enjoys his quiet time, especially after a double transfiguration lesson.
"Do you want to talk about-" George started, only for me to cut him off.
"No." I snapped, then looking at the concerned look on his face I continued, "Sorry.. I just- there's not really anything to talk about." George didn't try to fight this, he just began his transfiguration homework in silence.
I pulled my potions book out of my bag and began reading for our next lesson. It was no use, I couldn't focus with George's gaze on me. It's not like I could be mad at him for wanting to talk about it. I know he's just being a concerned friend, I understand that. If he was in the same position as I, I would be the same way. George has always felt the need to protect me, from others and my own thoughts even. I loved that about George, so I understand he is just trying to help. However, it was only ten o'clock in the morning, and I'm not sure I could handle talking about my mother at this hour. I'd be stuck in my thoughts for the rest of the day, and I am not interested in that.
"Liz!" I looked up at the sound of my name, watching Ginny make her way over to our chairs.
"Hey Gin, what's up?" I asked cheerfully, noticing her excited expression.
"Guess what I just heard from Pavarti- oh, George, I didn't see you there." Ginny stopped suddenly, seeing her brother watching her as well. Her grin faltered a bit.
"Well what did Pavarti tell you little sis? I'm just dying to know!" George teased her, a grin playing at his lips.
Ginny looked uncomfortable, but continued, "Oh, well um, I just wanted to tell you, Liz, that apparently Cormac McLaggen and Rosalyn Price broke up. And apparently he was asking around about you.." Ginny wiggled her eyebrows at this last part.
I rolled my eyes at her antics, unaware of George's scowling face watching his sister and I.
"Oh really.. if they just broke up I doubt he is interested in getting together with someone else so soon!" I said quietly, not wanting to draw attention to us.
Ginny rolled her eyes, "Just leave it all to me."
And with a wink, she walked away.
I laughed to myself, shaking my head. As much as I love Ginny, she can sometimes be a bit over enthusiastic.
"She is too much sometimes, honestly.." I said, leaning back in my chair.
I noticed the sour look on George's face, making me put my book down.
"What's wrong?"
George looked up, clearly snapping out of his thoughts and meeting my gaze.
"Oh, nothing. Just thinking about this transfiguration homework is all.." he trailed off, sticking his nose back into his book.