25

When Clara woke up the next morning she found that Fangs was already gone. She hoped that maybe last night didn't happen and she just imagined it but when she found the bloodied cloth in her hamper she knew it wasn't her imagination.

She sat on the edge of her bed with her elbows resting on her knees and her hands covering her mouth as tears started to build in her eyes. She tried to process everything that had happened the night before and eventually just broke down into sobs.

"What've I done?" She sobbed out and Kevin quickly came into her room before he saw her in the middle of a breakdown.

"It's okay it's okay" he soothed while he quickly wrapped her in his arms. He rubbed her head slightly and tried his best to calm her down but she wouldn't stop crying.

"I'm bad for him Kev" she cried and his arms tightened around her "he wouldn't have done it if I wasn't in his life"

"Done what?" Kevin asked softly but was only met with more sobs so he decided not to push the subject.

"Fangs!" The boy turned towards the voice and sighed when he saw it was Sweetpea. The tall Serpent took a quick look around to see if anyone was listening to them but being in the bar everyone had there own conversations going on. "What the hell happened?"

"You know what happened you were there" Fangs stated simply but Sweets only shook his head in response.

"No I helped you track him down I don't know what happened after that" he explained and Fangs stayed silent. "Did you kill him?"

Before he could answer the door to the bar opened and Ellie walked in "what do you know about her?"

"About Ellie? That she's not a bad person why?" Sweetpea clenched his jaw in annoyance when Fangs didn't answer but kept looking at her suspiciously "Fangs why?"

"Because Logan said something about Ellie" Fangs said and Sweetpea could feel himself getting angry at what his friend was getting at.

"You don't trust her? But you'll trust what Logan says? The one who almost killed Clara? Also when you first started out with Clara I trusted her can't you do the same for me?" Sweetpea asked and Fangs nodded slightly.

"Just do me a favor? Ask her how she knows Logan" Fangs said before he started to get up to leave.

"Where is he Fangs?" Sweets called one last time hoping for an answer this time.

"He's not dead" was all Fangs gave before he made his exit. Sweetpea sat at the bar feeling conflicted, he knew Fangs did something and he hoped to god that he really didn't kill him.

"Hey, you okay?" Ellie asked as she stood behind him, placing a comforting hand on his arm making him look at her.

"I'm just worried about Fangs" he admitted and she gave him a sad smile.

"We all are" She said, stroking his arm softly causing him to smile before he offered her the seat next to him which she gladly took.

"I need to ask you something and I need you to not get mad at me okay?" Sweetpea asked and Ellie gave him a curious look but nodded for him to continue "did you know Logan?"

"Yeah" She said slowly tilting her head in confusion

"How?"

Ellie sighed as she looked away from him and started to scratch at her hand, a habit of hers when she would get nervous. Sweetpea noticed this and grabbed her hand in his.

"Clara and I had been best friends for years, Logan also went to the same school as we did and he became obsessed with us, with being our friend. He wanted both of us to himself, he stalked us. When my dad became a Serpent and I moved away his focus was on Clara. After I moved I didn't call her as much as I'd like but I wasn't with my mom a lot, I was sneaking out to take trips to riverdale. After I found out they broke up I did everything in my power to keep him away from her but it didn't seem to work so I asked my dad to try harder with the custody battle and I moved back here. After I came back, Logan would visit me and try to get me to be with him and I said no and we got into a fight and he yelled that Clara was always the better one the one to give in easily and I lost it I tried to attack him but it didn't work and he got out with a few cuts. But when he left he turned to me and said 'you're gonna wish you said yes' and twenty minutes later Clara calls me and then she's in the hospital." Ellie told him and tears started to roll down her cheeks "if Logan said it was my fault he's right, I almost got Clara killed"