11

Archie didn't end up bringing Clara back to school instead he brought her with him and Jughead to go to Pops. So that's why she was sat silently listening to Jughead freak out about what just happened.

She had been texting Fangs since the raid on the school and he hadn't answered a single one of the messages only making her assume the worst.

"Clara" Jughead said softly sitting next to her after he finished his little freak out. He put his hand on her shoulder gently causing her to look at him "Has Logan bugged you since?"

Jughead motioned towards her neck and she shook her head no

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to go around me when he knows Archie or someone is close" She sighed before Jughead stood up from the booth

"You don't need to worry the Serpents are looking out for you" Jug said and she looked at him in confusion

"How do you know they are looking out for me? I'm just another Northsider" She sighed and he gave her a small smile.

"Well for one you're my best friend and two I heard from Sweetpea earlier before he was arrested that Fangs asked him to keep an eye out for Logan" Jughead explained before he looked down at his phone "I have to go. I'll see you later"

"Is Jug a Serpent?" Clara asked after she watched Jug ride away on his motorcycle

"Yeah he is and who's Fangs?" Archie asked looking at her with suspicion

"He's a friend" She shrugged and he narrowed his eyes at her

"A Serpent friend?" He asked with a little venom when he said Serpent

"Yes a Serpent friend Archie. Now I should go" Clara stood up and glanced down at Archie before she started walking away.
--

"Dad I think we should talk" Kevin sighed walking up to his dad who was sat at the table going over paperwork.

"Now is not a good time Kev" His dad didn't even look up from the papers making Kevin annoyed.

"It's about Clara" As he said this his dad finally looked up and was ready to listen

"What about Clara?" He asked motioning for Kevin to sit down.

"Logan. He's back and he hasn't left her alone since he came back. Just a couple days ago he tried to kill her, you can see a bruise on her neck and there's a cut on her cheek" Kevin explained and his dad sighed, rubbing his face.

"Where is Clara now?" He asked and Kevin shrugged "Kev I can't do anything unless she comes to me herself and shows me what happened"

"Dad are you serious? Your daughter was almost killed and you aren't even gonna bother to try and help?" Kevin narrowed his eyes at the man

"I want to help but legally I can't unless she shows me the proof or if there was any witnesses to what happened. Did you see it happen yourself?" Kevin shook his head "Then unless somebody has I can't arrest him"

"Thanks so much for helping" Kevin scoffed before he went to stand up and walk to his room

"Kevin, you and Clara have community service can you tell her when you see her" He asked and Kevin clenched his jaw in frustration but nodded and left to his room

"Where are you going?" Kevin asked before he could even get half way up the stairs.

"To Pops" Before Kevin could say something his dad closed the front door and left for the diner.
--

On her way home Clara held onto her phone tightly hoping for any second that someone would call her and tell her where Fangs was, and luckily fate happened to be on her side.