Prolouge

Clara Keller walked down the streets of southside with dried tears down her cheeks and red puffy eyes. Her feet were aching from the amount of walking she had done and she dreaded getting home knowing she was going to get and earful from her father and brother however before she could think she walked down an ally way to get home faster when someone called out to her.

"Hey! What are you doing?" The voice asked making her stop dead in her tracks before turning around slowly and coming face to face with someone she noticed was a serpent due to his jacket.

"None of your business" she said lowly turning to leave when he was suddenly right behind her grabbing onto her wrist and pullling her to a stop.

"You don't look like your from the southside and if I were you I wouldn't use that tone with someone over here they might want to use you to earn their stripes" he said his eyes narrowed at her and she only scoffed pulling her arm away from his grasp

"Whos gonna beat me? You? Go ahead it'd be the highlight of my night" She seethed raising her arms sarcastically as she started walking backwards further down the ally.

"If you keep using that tone I just might" the boy started following her again causing her to get annoyed

"I thought your gang had something about hitting girls" Clara crossed her arms as she stopped again.

"We do. But we have nothing about fighting girls who can fight back" the unknown boy stood a few feet from her under a light allowing Clara to see more detail. He was average height for a male but very strong she could practically see the muscles through his jacket, his hair was short with a style she found very much attractive.

"You think I can fight back?" She asked smirking and he only shook his head

"I didn't say that"

"You implied it." He was at a lose for words making her smirk grow before she turned and started leaving "Well it's been fun but I'm already late home"

"I didn't even get your name!" He called and she waved him off

"Maybe next time!"