"Mr and Mrs Styles, there have been some complications."

------------------------------------

Gabe's POV

I've been worried sick about mum, dad, and my new little sister Harper. Chloe, Colin, and Annie haven't been understanding why mum and dad aren't here so grandmum and I are a little stressed trying to take care of them.

Somehow we got Annie and Colin down for their naps, Chloe wasn't really needing them anymore, only if she's been out a lot.

Since the house was quiet for the first time since mum went to the hospital almost a week ago I went up to my room and flopped face first into my bed.

The quiet didn't last for long as my stupid phone started ringing. "Hello?" I asked not checking the caller ID.

"Gabe? Is that you?" I heard Kat ask.

"Yeah it's me, what's up?" I asked her.

"Not much, I was wondering if you would like to hang out or something?"

"Umm, yeah I want too, but I'll have to ask my Grandmum."

"Where are you parents?" she asked.

"They're at the hospital, my mum had my baby sister early."

"Gabe I'm so sorry I didn't know."

"It's okay, hang on, I'll go ask my Grandmum."

I walked into the sitting room and said, "Grandmum, can I go out with a friend?"

"Gabe, I can't drive you right now though, Annie and Colin will wake up before long and I don't want to take all the kids out." she said tiredly.

"Can't I have Marcus or Joe drive me?" I asked referring to two of the security guards that dad hired before he left.

"Sure sweetheart, be back before nine okay?"

"Okay, bye." I said.

I put the phone back up to my ear and said, "I can go, why don't I pick you up and then we can go get some coffee or something." I said then quickly added, "If you like coffee."

"Yeah, I like coffee. I'll text you my address, okay?" she asked and I knew she was smiling.

"Okay I'll see you in a little bit." smiling I hung up the phone.

I walked into my closet and pulled on some jeans, Vans, a white T-shirt, and a brown jacket as it was an unusually chilly day for the end of August in London.

I made sure I had my phone and my wallet and then went downstairs. Dad had made an office for the security guards right off the entrance hall so I went in and said, "I need a ride to pick up a friend and then go for coffee."

"I'll take you." Marcus said.

"Thank you." I replied and we walked outside to the black Range Rover with the tented windows.

I read off last address to Marcus and he drove to her house. I was somewhat surprised to see that see lived in the same neighborhood as me but I guess I should have expected that when we ran into each other near here.

I walked up to her door and rung the bell. She opened the door and smiled at me. "Hi." she said.

"Hey." I replied.

"You ready to go?" I asked her.

"Yeah."

I led the way back to the car and opened the door for her. "Starbucks?" Marcus asked me.

"Yes." I told him.

"What school are you going to?" Kat asked me.

"Westminster, you?"

"I'm going to Westminster too." she said.

"I can't believe school starts in a week." I said.

"Yeah, part of me is dreading it but part of me is really excited."

"I haven't been to a proper school in ages I'm a little nervous." I admitted.

"Why not?" Kat asked me confused.

"After my mum died I was on the streets for a few months, then in the orphanage, the right before summer started I was adopted so I haven't gone to a real school in over a year."

"Oh well don't worry, you'll do great, I'll be right there tos chow you the ropes."

"Thanks." I smiled at her.

"I'll wait out here Mr.Gabe." Marcus said stoping the car at Starbucks.

"Mr.Gabe?" Kat asked after I closed the car door.

"Yeah, he works for my family so I guess I'm kinda his boss." I said.

We went into Starbucks and we both order when she reached into her pocket to get money.

"No I got it." I said pulling out my wallet and swiping my credit card.

"Gabe let me but my own." Kat whined.

"It's fine Kat, don't worry about it." I said and she mumbled a fine.

We sat down and then she suggested we play twenty questions.

"Okay, what's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Orange. What's your favorite food?"

"Umm, waffles. What's your favorite song?"

"It's actually Happily by your dad and your uncles."

"Really? I didn't know you were a fan."

"Yeah, I didn't want to be all up in your face about your dad though." she said and I laughed.

"Your turn."

"What do you want to do after school?"

"I'm not sure, I know I want it to be something with music. I used to think that I wanted to be a singer, but after seeing what dad goes through all the time I think I just want to be a songwriter instead."

I saw Kat about to respond when a girl said, "Oh my gosh, you're Harry Styles' son!"

I internally sighed but I stood up to face the girl and she said, "Can I get a picture?"

"Sure love." I said putting my best smile on.

She pulled out her smartphone and she snapped a selfie of us and then asked me to sign her phone case. I obliged and then she thankfully left.

When I sat down again Kat was trying her best not to laugh. "What's so funny?" I asked and she lost it.

"You completely sounded like your dad."

"I did not." I said.

"Yes you did." she continued to laugh.

I took this moment to look at Kat and realize how beautiful my new best friend was.