Chapter 38

Harry's POV

After my talk with Bella I felt better. Bella deserves the best and that's what I want to give her. I know I can finically support her, but can I give her the love she deserves.

"Harry, what brought this on?" Bella asked while we were sitting together.

"In tour, one day when I couldn't call with time change and everything that was going on the boys started joking about how you would be hurt that I didn't call and it just got me thinking." I told her.

"You know I love you right?" she asked.

"Yes, I know you love me and I love you too." I said and then someone knocked on the door.

Harper's doctor came in with a worried look on his face, "Fluid has been gathering in Harper's lungs and now there is so much that we are going to have to do an operation to get the fluid off."

"How serious is this?" I asked.

"The operation is usually very simple, but with her size I'm not quite sure about how many risks there will be. But if we would not do the operation then her lungs would collapse with all the the fluid in then and she would not be able to breathe at all."

One look at Bella and I knew she wanted to do this, "Yes, let's do the operation."

Bella and I stood, the doctor led us down to the NICU and we watched helplessly as they prepped Harper for surgery.

I felt Bella's grip on my hand tighten as the nurse picked Harper up and gently sat her in a small crib to take her to the operating room.

I pulled Bella into my chest and kissed the top of her head, "It's okay, she'll be okay." but as I said the words I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince Bella or myself.

"I just want the surgery to be over all ready." Bella murmured.

"I know, let's go to the waiting room."

We walked into the empty waiting room and took two seats by the door. "Harry, call your mum, tell her to tell the kids we love them."

"Okay." I said pulling out my phone.

"Harry?" mum asked.

"Hi mum."

"Oh sweetie, what's wrong?"

"They just took Harper into surgery to drain the fluid off of her lungs."

"How serious is it?" she asked me.

"Well if the fluid doesn't come off her lungs then they'll collapse and she won't be able to breath, and with her size we aren't sure how many risks there will be."

"Harry, I'm sure everything will be okay."

"I hope so mum, can you tell the kids that we love them?"

"Would you like to talk to them?"

"I can't right now mum, I'm sorry I just can't." I said.

"I understand Harry, I'll tell them."

"Thank you mum." I said hanging up.

"I feel like a bad mum." Bella said when I returned to my seat next to her.

"Why?" I asked.

"We have four other kids at home who we should be with, but I can't bear to leave Harper."

"It's okay, as soon as we can we go home for a bit to see the kids and explain what's going on."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Harper's doctor come through the door and I immediately felt a lump rise in my throat, the surgery was supposed to be much longer than this.