Emy smiled at them.

"I don't have to stand out that much. It is not my party after all. Besides, I want to appear soothing for someone who will be attending that party too."

Madaling lumapit ang dalawa kay Emy.

"May napupusuan ka na ba, Miss?" Tanong ni Anika.

"At aattend siya sa party na iyon?" -Grace.

Tumawa ng malakas si Emy. "No, you silly." Then she looked at Grace.

"Grace, let's say I have met a person and lately sobrang stressed siya sa mga nangyayari sa paligid niya, how can I gain the attention and what type of conversation I should try with that person?"

Sandaling nag-isip si Grace.

"If you approach that person suddenly, he or she might ignore you. After all, a stressed person might not want to add any more to his or her problem. You have to catch the attention of that person and lead him or her to talk to you.

"Once you caught that person's attention, you must be careful not to touch the topics that cause him or her stress. Go on light topics and make sure that he or she will have fun around you."

"But what if the reason why I want to get closer to that person is the one that makes his or her stress?"

Grace was surprised.

"You must try to pursue that topic after two or more meetings. Gain the trust of that person first. Otherwise, if you pursue what you want on first meeting, I am afraid that person will not appreciate you anymore."

Napatango si Emy.

Grace couldn't be wrong about this. Her socialization skill was witnessed by her noong maidservant pa siya ni Shereen. Samantha's sister was very timid before. But with Grace's guidance, she was suddenly became a social butterfly.

***

"Just how long can a girl brush her hair?" Reklamo ni Franco.

Dali dali tuloy siyang pinalo ng pamaypay sa braso ni Feng.

The three of them were waiting sa may Great Hall para kay Emy.

"A lady is not like a man, Franco. You should learn how to understand women more, you nuthead." Sabi naman sa kanya ni Francis.

"Ano pa? Kaya hanggang ngayon, hindi pa rin nagkakanobya iyan eh. Kinakabahan na nga ako at baka mamaya ay hindi na iyan makapag-asawa."

Kung pwede lang bumaon sa lupa, ginawa na ni Franco. Akalain ba naman niyang pagtutulungan siya ng mga magulang ng dahil lang sa isang tanong.

Magsasalita pa sana si Francis ng dumating na ang mga maidservants ni Emy.

"Is she done?" Dali dali niyang tanong kanila Grace at Anika.

"Opo."

"Sorry for the wait." Sabi ni Emy as soon as she entered the great hall.

"Oh my, you're beautiful, Emy." Masayang sabi ni Feng.

"Thank you po, Aunty."

Franco smirked. "Eh kaya naman pala ang tagal mo eh."

Muli ay pinalo siya ni Feng ng pamaypay. Saka niya nilapitan si Emy.

"Ignore your cousin." Ikinawit nito ang braso sa kanya. "I can't wait to introduce you to my friends."

"Since when did you become a socialite, Mama?"

Batok ang inabot niya mula sa Papa niya. Tinawanan naman siya ni Emy.

"Shut up, Emy."

***