Without You My Love •Loki•

**Listen to the song linked above!**
.
.
Your POV
.
.
"Y/N, watch it!"

I turn and manage to dodge a spray of bullets, whizzing past my ear like a horde of angry bees. "Thanks, Sam," I wheeze. Running through snow is no joke, and I'm exhausted already. We haven't even breached the Hydra base yet... This one's a tough nut to crack.

"No problem." Sam twirls in the air & flies the other direction to help Steve out, where an armored truck is bearing down on him.

One of Clint's arrows zings by me and straight into a guy coming my way. "Jeez, I think we stirred up a hornet's nest, you guys."

"Yeah," I huff as I run towards the fallen enemy's partner, who aims at me. "It's like they don't appreciate having company stop by." I duck under his arm and slam my knee into his sensitive bits, then jab my elbow back into his neck, shoving him to the ground.

Loki appears next to me, out of thin air. Not for the first time, I wish that I had his talents. "Not very hospitable of them," he remarks dryly. He usually sticks close to me out of the team, as I'm the one who is nicest to him. Thor had brought him to Earth to atone for past... mistakes, and after a few months, he is finally adapting to being a part of our misfit group. However, he still avoids Clint at all costs. Can't blame him.

"Oh well, what are we gonna do," I shrug, as we both swing around back-to-back and attack in sync (him with magic knives and me with non-magic bullets). Just then, a powerful blast rocks the earth, sending both Loki and I to the ground. Trees shake, and branches are tossed around, as well as other debris.

"Heads-up, everybody!" Tony's voice came crackling through our earpieces.

"A little late!" I cough out, as I stand & try to shield myself from burning shrapnel. "What was that?" Suddenly, a white-hot pain stabs my ribs. I nearly shriek, falling to my knees again. What the hell?!

At the sound, Loki turns around to see if I'm alright, but Cap calls out to him, tersely. "Loki, Sam's down, and you're the closest to him. Go get him before they do."

Loki frowns and looks at me again. I wave him off. "Go, I'm fine, go help him." I hide the fact that whatever shrapnel had struck me is making it rather hard to breathe.

"Sorry, guys," Tony called again (sounding not at all sorry). "But hey, I blasted their bunker to bits, so you're welcome."

"Yeah, thanks, Tony," I cough. Okay, hard to speak as well, now. Damn it. Also, lifting the side of my jacket, that's a lot of blood I see. A piece of the building must have hit me, because a tree branch did not do that. If Loki sees this...

"Y/N?" Damn it again. "Are you alright?" Loki comes up behind me.

"Yeah, I'm good." I wave a (non-bloody) hand at him. "Let's keep moving." I pull my jacket back down to hide the hole in me and try not to think about it. I'll be fine, right? Right.

All of a sudden, another explosion strikes, this one larger than the last. "Guys, this one wasn't me!" yells Tony.

The thick, gnarled oak tree near Loki and I rumbles with the shock wave and starts to tip over, as a piece of building strikes it at its base. Unfortunately, that's where we both fell over, and it traps my legs. I should be glad I'm not crushed, but right now all I can think about is my broken ribs and now possibly broken ankle.

Loki isn't trapped, and crawls over to me. "We've got to get out of here, Y/N. Can you wiggle free?" He offers me a hand, but reaching out to him feels like getting stabbed. I wiggle a little, but nope, I'm good and stuck. And the tree is still tipping. Loki grabs my shoulders. "No time, just hang on."