2. Cleaned?

Thomas's POV!

I walked downstairs in the morning. It was early, like 4 am. I needed to get stuff done and cleaned before the others got up. I walked into the living room to see that the bowls we left out here were gone. Maybe we brought them back into the kitchen? When I walked into the kitchen I saw that there were dishes cleaned and in the drying rack.

I raised an eyebrow at this. "Patton must have woken up and couldn't go back to sleep." I thought as I left the kitchen to do the other thing I had to do that morning.

?????? POV

I heard someone walking upstairs while I was putting the dishes away. I gulped and went into a secret side room that they didn't know about yet.

I heard whoever it was walk around for a bit before leaving again. I let out a sigh in relief. "Thank god.. I cant let them find out about me yet." I thought to myself in the dark and cold room I was now in.

I looked around the room I was in since I hadn't been in here for awhile.

It had no lightbulbs in the room but the small window in the wall across from me had light coming through. There was a bed in the corner that had its legs broken. A small desk that had a few old books. Above the desk there was a creepy old painting that never failed to send a chill down my spine. I hated it because of how it's eyes seemed to follow me. Even if I was a ghost it still creeped me out.

I heard some people walk into the kitchen.. I turned to the door and gulped.

"Pat doesn't do dishes early in the morning Thomas. Roman is in no state to leave his bed. I never came down here during the night. If you didn't do them then who did?" A male voice asked.

"I don't know! Let's just ask the others if they didn't do it then I'm gonna call my mom to see if there's anything wrong with this house." Another male said.

"Alright," I heard someone leave and someone else sigh.

"Who even cleans that early in the morning? I know I was gonna but I had to get it done." I heard a male whisper as he left the room. I just hope Ray doesn't tell them about me. Not yet anyways..

Thomas POV!

"What do you mean you can't tell me?!" I almost screamed because my mom wouldn't tell me why this happened.

"Hon it's probably one of your friends doing it and they didn't want to tell you. Please just find out for yourself who did it. I can't tell you, goodbye." With that my mom hanged up.

"Ugh! She thinks you guys would lie to me! She even said we had to figure it out ourselves whatever that means!" I said frustrated.

"Well if no one did it then there must be a logical explanation.." Logan looked to be in thought about what it could be.

"Maybe its a ghost!" Patton said excited for some weird reason.

"Love, ghost don't exist. They are only scary stories told to kids." Logan looked over at Patton hike speaking.

"But it could be! We never know what could happen!" I sighed knowing that Patton loved the idea that dead people could interact with living people.

"P I don't think that would be the case. Even if it was my mom would've told-" I paused before thinking about how calm my mom seemed. I remembered when she first lived in the house and she phoned me telling me the weird things happening like dishes are cleaned but she never cleaned them. The bed is made when she was in another room. How she saw a man standing in the window but she thought it was nothing do her being tired.

"Thomas?" Logan questioned after seeing me zoned out for a while. I glanced at all my three friends, Roman was a bit better so he could walk around.

"I think pat maybe right.." I looked towards the kitchen just thinking that the ghost would either be watching us or in our rooms making our beds.

"What do you mean?" Roman asked after a moment o silence.

"Well... my mom, when she moved in, had a similar experience to what we did. Didn't you guys see the man in the window while entering?" I asked.

"Indeed but I simply thought it was you." Logan seemed to remember that part yesterday.

"So there's an actual ghost?!" Patton eyes went wide with excitement.

"I think so pat, we should just wait for a bit before doing anything because we don't know what it wants." Everyone nodded as we agreed to leave whoever it was alone and not tell anyone.