Chapter 15: Breaking Point

En başından başla

Itami: Tuka?

Tuka: You're not going to believe this. You know what she said? She said...She said that you were dead! She told me that were killed...by a flame dragon.

Y/N: Tuka! Look at me!

Tuka looks at me

Y/N: Tuka, who am I?

Tuka: You're L/N...Why would you ask a such a silly question?

Y/N: Okay...Who's standing right here? *points to Itami*

Tuka: Why my father of course.

Y/N: Ah shit. Lelei can you uh...pacify her.

Lelei uses her magic and puts Tuka to sleep

Lelei: This will allow her to rest for a while.

Itami: What the hell happened?

Rory: It was Yao.

Y/N: God dammit.

Rory: Yao told Tuka the truth. The truth that we've all been trying to avoid this whole time.

Lelei: And because we never did, Tuka never stopped looking for him.

Rory: She's been wandering aimlessly around town. Sometimes forgetting to eat, or sleep. So every no and then...we've been using this spell to help her rest.

Itami: Jesus Christ.

Y/N: Where's Yao at now?

The four of us confronted Yao about further traumatizing Tuka.

Itami: Why would you tell her that? We've very hard to handle this delicately as possible. What you did was totally uncalled for.

Yao: Oh it was uncalled for was it? All I did was tell her the truth. I understand that you especially caring toward her and your other friends here. That you're an extremely loyal leader, and that you're willing to break a few rules in order to protect them. Well knowing that fact I decided to take advantage of that.

Itami: Is that right...There are lines you just do not cross!

Yao: Don't speak to me like a child! I went to your people and asked them to kill the flame dragon! I begged them for their mercy! I offered them anything they could could possibly want in return! But they... but they turned their backs on me and the people of my village. They told me you can't do it! But then...a few of them also told me something else. They told me you might help! That is why I broke her heart! And if you want to save her. You must tell her father was murdered by a flame dragon. And exact her revenge for her, so what are you going to now man in green?! Are you going abandon your friend?! If it were a person and they had killed the ones your loved ones... You would hunt them down to the ends of the earth and make them pay for what they've done. But this is a flame dragon isn't it? The rules aren't the same! No one can just go out there and catch it. No one can punish it. How do we seek justice? Where do we focus such anger? Where am I supposed to direct this hatred for the thing that took the ones I love?!  

Itami  stands there angry at her but doesn't know how to respond while Yao has tears streaming down her face falls to her hands and knees. I pity the poor girl but she took it too far.

Yao: I know I'm being selfish, I know that. I'll give you anything, I'll give you everything. My heart, my soul whatever it takes. I just thought...Even if you did it for her, my people could be saved as well.

Y/N: Okay enough, anymore drama everyone's gonna think were putting on a show. Lelei, Rory go back to your rooms. Itami go check on Tuka.

Itami: What about her?