Chatper 8: Politics

OUTSIDE GATE MORNING

Y/N POV:

I finished the briefings with the brass and my next report to Washington regarding both the battle at Italica and my brief POW experience from the previous day. I made sure to to clarify that Knights that captured me had not being informed about the treaty. We're heading back to Tokyo and give our testimony at the Diet. From what the brass told us we are to testify regarding the dragon attack. Apparently it's caused a bit of a media storm; Tuka, Rory, and Lelei are also coming with us to give testimony. I walk up to the Gate and see Itami, Tomita, and Kuribayashi are all waiting in their Dress Greens and I arrive wearing my Marine Service Uniform.

 I walk up to the Gate and see Itami, Tomita, and Kuribayashi are all waiting in their Dress Greens and I arrive wearing my Marine Service Uniform

Kuribayashi: Oh! *blushes* You look handsome Lieutenant.

Y/N: Um...Thank you Kuribayashi.

Itami: You clean up nice L/N.

Y/N: Yeah, amazing what a shower and a shave will do for ya.

Tomita: I thought you going to wear that other US Marine uniform sir.

Y/N: Oh, you mean the Blues. Those for more formal occasions, this is like a business suit.

A black car approaches and and Yanagida emerges from the drivers side.

Yanagida: I do apologize the paper work took awhile but we're done.

He then opens the rear passenger door, and Pina and Bozes emerge from the car much to our surprise.

Yanagida: They'll be flying under the radar, if you get my meaning Lieutenant. Keep an eye on them for us.

Itami: Are we just showing up unannounced?

Yanadida: People know they're already going to be there. *hands envelope* This is directly directly from the General. Says to treat them with all due courtesy. Treat them as any foreign ambassador.

Y/N: (Great, now we're also on VIP protection detail.)

TIME SKIP: GINZA, TOKYO

Y/N POV:

After we crossed the Gate and arrived to in Tokyo the Special Region people are fascinated by the skyscrapers.

Bozes: These towers...they're so...tall.

Pina: Look at that...there's people inside.

Lelei: Because of the limited lands they've upwards.

Rory: I suppose that means the country is relatively small.

Lelei: Or they simply have a large population.

Pina: One thing's for sure...We've discovered a country where they make miracles like this every day...and our Empire has started a war against them.