T W E N T Y

Valerie:

Thankfully the trip was over.

I couldn't pretend to be sick for the next day too, so I had to go hiking and swim in the lake, all while avoiding Tara and Noah completely.

I wasn't ready to face either of them.

Seeing Tara made me feel so guilty, it made e feel like a home wrecker and they aren't even married yet. But that's how it feels.

Seeing Noah doesn't make me feel guilty. It makes me want to kiss him again and again, untill my lips hurt. Which is even worse than feeling guilty

I had forgotten how his lips felt against mine. There was just something magical about it. Yeah, I've kissed other men, Chad for example, he is a great kisser, but it couldn't ever compare to Noah. He just made my heart beat out of my chest and my stomach in a knot.

Now standing in front of the aisle with a pretty dress and 4 other bridesmaids seem like a much harder job than it was 3 days ago.

The ride back home was a silent one considering i was pretending to be asleep most of the time so Chad wouldn’t try to start a conversation with me. When we arrived, i had kissed him goodnight and didn’t invite him over so i would finally had some time for myself.

When I finally said goodbye to him and walked in my home, I let out a frustration scream out.

I was completely terrified.

How was I gonna handle all of this? I was losing my mind and I could only think about Noah and his soft plump lips, and his gentle loving touch.

“Snap out of it Valerie!” I scolded myself.

My mind was a mess but I knew one thing for sure. I was utterly and completely in love with Noah. I never stopped. I just didn't admit that to myself.

But for the sake of Tara, the life he built for himself, and his wedding. I needed to stay away.

My phone started ringing and I glanced at it scared that it might be Noah. Thankfully it was just my sister Andrea. I sighed and picked up

“Sis, what's up?” I said casually, trying to act like everything was okay.

“hey sweetie, how are you? How's everything going?” she asked softly and I smiled a little, finally I could take my mind off of things for awhile.

I started telling her everything about my past months here in New York . I omitted the fact that Noah was here, getting married and I was the bridesmaid. I did tell her about Chad but sparing some details.

After talking for awhile, I heard her sigh.

“V, I want to ask you a favor” she asked and I hummed in response

“anything, hun”

“I'm gonna have to travel for a week to europe for my job and mom and dad can't take Jason those days. Would you mind taking care of him? I really really need it” she pleaded and I smiled a little because ei was gonna have my little nephew for a week

“you know that's not a problem, honey, anytime” I assure her and she sighs in relief

“okay V, I will be traveling in 2 weeks  I have a connecting flight in NY and I will drop him off and pick him up on my way to Los Angeles” she continues and and just nod. I'm glad I'll have Jason to distract me from my messy life and I also have an excuse to not see Tara or Chad that whole week.

We bid our goodbyes and planned some. Of the logistics of me picking up Jason in the airport and whatnot. He was also very happy to come an see me, I honestly missed him so much too.

Someone rang the bell for my apartment and I groaned standing up from my bed, wondering who could it be, I went down the stairs and across the gallery to reach the front door, my heart was in my throat when I saw Tara standing there.

Maybe I could pretend I was not home, but maybe that'd be worse  cuz she'd contact Chad and she'll know I'm not with him and she'll think I'm with Noah.

Cmon Valerie, think!!!

I take a deep breath and decide to face her face her, it's not like she knows about what happened, so I just have to keep lying  just like I did with Chad. She has no reason to suspect anything.

I just open the door and lean on the doorframe with my arms crossed, she gave me a soft smile “hey..” she said softly. I nodded replying

“i wanted to apologize  V…” she started. My heart was beating out of my chest. She? Apologizing? I should be the one doing that.

“it's fine, Tara… It Was stupid to get mad over that” I say softly, I should hate her because she's got Noah and I don't, but I can't bring myself to do so.

“no, it wasn't stupid, you were right about many things you said” she sighed and I frowned looking at her confused. She continued “I have been trying really hard to get you with Chad, more than a regular friend would… i mean, before I knew about you and Noah, I did wanted Chad to meet you because he's been really lonely and all… But then I saw the opportunity “ she bit her lip and looked down “I just thought I'd be harder for Noah to fall for you again if you were taken… “

We both sighed, I guess i shouldn't be easy for her to confess all that, and I was now feeling even more guilty than before.

I was scared to say something. I was scared to hurt her.

“and about the bridesmaid thing. I really think you've been a really sweet and great friend. I thought the closer we were, the hardest it'd be for you to get to Noah”

Wow. She was really insecure about her engagement. She did all this so we wouldn't be together? Now I feel worse, because even if she did that, we managed to fall back in.

“so… all of this was just to keep me away from him?” I mutter. It really is disappointing, but it makes perfect sense.

“it was.. But not anymore, V, you are the closest thing I have to a best friend and I don't want to lose you over a fight like the one we had back there” she purses her lips.

“are you sure, Tara? I.. I don't have many friends either, but I don't want my only girl friend to be fake” I say looking down and she sighs

“I promise it wasn't fake, I was just a little paranoid over Noah, but I really shouldn't, sweetie, I trust you, and I trust him, I know I got nothing to worry about. “

Fuck.

I was doing so well…

Why did she have to say those things? Ughhhh

“Tara…” i really don't want to hear more, and feel Even worse. She just smiles and wraps her arms around me giving me a tight hug.

I can only wrap mine around her too, and wish to be strong to keep lying and to keep lying. And prepare my heart for the day Noah and Tara say' I do ' in the altar
__________________

A/n: I'm sorry I'm having a hard time writing these filler chapters. I really wish I could just get closer to the wedding, but it just doesn't seem right.

So sorry for this terrible episode, what do you think about Tara?