S E V E N

Valerie:

His voice was making me weak and I really wished I could just go back in time and tell him about the memories while I could. But it didn't happen and I didn't want to hurt anyone by trying to reach out to him

I looked at my phone notifications and sighed at the message in them. I had them there since Friday night and today was Monday.

How did I even get in the middle of this. I couldn't lie to Tara, she was the only friend I had, but I was losing my mind, honestly.

Tara: Sweetie, did you arrive home safe? Are you feeling better?

Noah: did you get my voicemail? We still have to talk about how you got your memories back, You owe me at least that.

Noah's text and voice messages surprised me the most. We both hadn't even changed numbers in 3 years, but we didn't even care enough to check on each other.

Well.. I didn't do it because then I'd have to tell him I got my memories back and then it would have risked his future in Harvard, he also wouldn't have been engaged to Tara, or living in New York. It seemed like I had taken a good decision.. But why did I feel like it was the worst decision?

It was a slow day at the gallery. Some people came in, and I hadn't sell anything yet, thankfully I still had the art classes to at least help me pay the rent.

I sighed quietly when I saw Tara walking in with Aiden. I tried to smile for both of them.

“heey big boy, are you ready to paint that background?” I lamely said and the boy nodded quickly pretty excited. Tara gave me a small smile like she always did

“hey sweetie, how are you?” she asked softly and I smiled suggesting I'm fine.

“how is your stomach feeling? You didn't respond my message” she frowned a little and I looked down a little ashamed. I shouldn't shut her out. None of this was her fault. Well, it was nobody's fault.

“actually, no, I.. I have to talk to you Tara” I said bitting my lip and she nodded softly. Aiden was already in the classroom setting up how I have taught him.

“okay V, what is it?” she asked crossing her arms against her chest as she looked at me resting on a wall. I sighed trying to find the courage to tell her.

“okay umm.. Remember how I told you i met Noah at Stanford?” she simply nodded, her expression was a bit serious.

“okay.. So, we… We weren't friends, we dated and it was pretty intense… “ I sighed stopping myself before I shared way too much and she gets worried, she just looks at me with a straight face “but you got nothing to worry about, it is all in the past, I still want to be your friend, I'm not after him, I had no idea you were engaged to him”

“V.. It's okay” she said smiling and pulling me for a brief hug “I trust you and I trust him”

I smiled and sighed in relief then  she pulled away and looked at me placing her hands on my shoulders “ thanks for telling me, I already knew, but I appreciate that you wanted to tell me yourself” she said and nodded.

“how did you know?” I asked frowning and she shrugged

“Noah told me on Friday, after the party was over” she said cool and I nodded, not really surprised

“didn't expect less from him” I tell her truthfully and she nods

“yeah, he is so trustworthy, he has always been really honest” she said with the smile she had when she talked about him. I wanted to be her so bad, but I couldn't, and I had to let go.

I couldn't disagree with her, Noah was indeed  very loyal and trustworthy person. I mean, as I said before, he didn't have any flaws. And she was so lucky to be the one to have him, and in a couple of months he was gonna be hers, and hers only, for the rest of their lives. I wanted to hate her, but I couldn't. She was the sweetest friend I've had, and I happened to be needing a friend.

“so umm. We are okay?” I ask pressing my lips together and Tara nodded softly hugging me again

“of course we are V” she said and I sighed in relief. We pulled away and she looked at the watch on her wrist. “but I have to go to work, so I'll see you when I pick Aiden up, maybe we can have a glass of wine at my place tomorrow, just the two of us” she offers and I nod. If Noah wasn't gonna be there, I had no problem at all.

I waved at her and she walked out of the gallery, but walked right back in a few seconds

“and by the way… Chad still wants to go out with you” she said quickly before leaving the gallery again and I sighed walking to the classroom to take care of my little students.

I mean… I guess I could give Chad a chance, he did kiss me without my permission and he was a player back then, but if Noah thought it was a good idea, then why wouldn't I give it a try? I remember Chad as a very good looking man, and if Tara, the sweetest girl I know, thinks Chad is sweet now, then he must be.

_________-

A/n: awh I'm sorry I feel like all of these chapters have been filler chapters xD but still, comment and vote?