Chapter 5

I leisurely stroll down to Hagrids hut, enjoying the cool autumn breeze while humming to Quincee who is dozing on my shoulder. Motherly instincts kicking in as I decide he is now my baby, this makes me smile as I kiss his head and snuggle him closer to me. As I near Hagrids hut I see him outside overlooking his pumpkin patch for any pests or impurities in the patch, Fang being a loyal companion follows close behind.
"Hagrid! My dear it is so good to see you again." Encasing him in my arms and reaching up to kiss his hairy cheek.
Blushing under the affection, Hagrid returns the embrace tightly before noticing the creature on my chest. "Oh Merlin could it be?" Hagrid eyes fill with awe as he gazes at Quincee.

Smiling softly at the childlike wonder in his eyes "Ah yes I remember your fascination with my kind, this is Quincee my child, he is accompanying me while I reside at Hogwarts."

I spent much of the afternoon conversing with the groundskeeper about the happenings since we last spoke and of my new house that is being constructed. By the time we notice the sun setting we realize is is time for dinner and swiftly make our way to the dining hall, chatting about opinions on dragon laws in this area of the world. Entering the great hall i notice we are one of the first people here, only Minerva and Albus are here though this is understandable, they seem the most punctual of the staff.

I take a seat at the end of the table, to account for my wings, as I pull my seat in under me I hear heavy footsteps approach from the hallway. In comes Severus with his usual dark attire, he seems distracted as he, almost robotically, moves to the seat beside me. I take notice of the banner above and conclude, as he is the head of slytherin, he is always seating in front of them.
"Ah, Severus, lovely to see you again." I decide to be nice despite he's earlier attitude. He looks up swiftly, seeming to take in his surroundings for the first time since he entered the room. He seems slightly caught off guard before he collects himself and speaks.

"Queen Aurora, I want to apologize for my earlier actions, it was not right of me to assume so quickly and react so harshly, I am sorry." He bows his head as if in respect, though I have never liked such formality. I start to smile as I can see a bright future for this sad man if I can befriend him, though I have a few words for Albus acting like a child with his toys and not a old man with peoples lives in his hands.

I place my hand under his chin and raise his head to meet mine.
"Oh Severus, I forgive you, as I forgive you for the way you led astray in the past, I hope we can move past this and become friends" I sense he needs a motherly figure in his life after how much he has gone through and decide to take that place if he lets me. I set a piece of stray jet black hair, that fell during his bow, back into place and place my hand against his cheek. I smile motherly as I feel his relief and the calmness he feels under the affection.
"I will always be here for you my son! You never need to lonely again." I kiss his forehead before turning to his plate to see if he is eating correctly.

Severus is left stunned by the affection and finally feels love for the first time in 15 years. He already feels a strong familial connection to the powerful woman beside him and feels warmth bloom in his usually cold, empty chest.

I notice he has very little on his plate and fire-whisky as a drink, I'm instantly stressed as that isn't sustainable so I change it to a roast dinner, with pumpkin juice. I see he has snapped out of his daze and seems calm as he sees his new meal.

"Thank you mother." He instantly turns red and begins an apology.

"You're welcome baby, I can't have you being sick." I smile as I see he has accepted me, he seems to be relieved at my acceptance and kisses my cheek before digging into his food. I too start to eat, sending subtle glares to Albus as I can hardly contain the fury I will unleash upon this fool.
The rest of dinner was uneventful for the most part, me and Severus conversing about whatever pops in our heads. Though the walk out to my hut however was very interesting to say the least.