Chapter 4

"So you're head of security?"

"Yes, Professor Snape that is what I just said" I keep my temper in check at the blatant judgement in Snape's tone. I can tell he doesn't trust me and underestimates me based on my youthful appearance.

"Do you have a problem with my judgement Severus?" Albus had a clear warning in his eyes to back down and to not question him. The whole time I stand arms crossed in a defensive stance ready for anything he could plan. I am fully aware of his past in the dark arts and with that idiot who thinks he's all it yet got defeated by love from a mother.

"I just wonder why this young girl of all people will be in charge of protecting the most powerful object in this school as well as everything and everyone else." The accusations of being weak (indirectly) snapped my little restraint and I decided now was the time to show myself.

"You do not know of whom you speak child, I am older and more powerful than any being on this pitiful planet." I use unspoken wandless magic (as usual) to vanish my cloak and spread my wings out, not to full length, of course, the room isn't big enough, he is stunned. "I am The Queen of Dragons and you should respect me! Do not ever underestimate me again Severus or you don't want to know what will happen." without my notice, my power started to radiate throughout the room casting a dark purple hue from my body and my eye glow the same purple.

"My Queen?" A timid voice snaps me from my darkness, noticing the essence in the air I withdraw it back into my body and fold my wing into my back, my cloak appearing yet again concealing them from view. I look down to see sweet Quincee staring up at me and smile at his inquisitive nature and return him to my arms where he rests his head into my neck.

"Thank you Quincee, Albus please tell your staff that I require respect and won't tolerate anything less, for now, I will retreat to Hagrids hut and introduce the two, good to see you, Minerva, Severus" I smile at my friend but glare at the idiot and he bows his head in apology.

"I'm sorry Your Majesty please forgive me" Severus seems regretful and his aura shows fear and embarrassment so I decide to let him off this time.

"You are forgiven this time child but there better not be a next time, understand?"

"Yes Ma'am"

"Thank you, Severus, I hope we can get along from this point onward?" I say wanting the trust of the people I'm protecting, knowing he needs more company in his life. He nods with a slightly relieved smile, I smile briefly at all three before exiting the office with my Quincee in my arms, looking forward to seeing my old friend.