Igno stigma in Agbaje land (ii)

Please read the author note down.it's very important.

Igno stigma continues.......

Still due to their ignorance they went to ask the gods what the illness was and what the solution to it will be because they couldn't phantom how fast it was spreading amongst them.
And so the gods also,mind the language (foolishly) said" that it was a punishment from them due to some things"quoted by the village priest and they have to be appeased with gifts, and the solution was for everyone who was infected to go and wash themselves at the village river(source of water actually) the same river they a get water from.

Well after the appeasing and washing and cleansing and even all the faith they had in the gods,the infected ones didn't get cured cos it only got worse and more so the whole village got infected with the so called illness because they are using to contaminated water to do a lot of things like cooking, drinking even bathing and so on.

Now at this point that everyone has this strange illness (chicken pox)no one could stigmatize anybody because everyone was confused as to why he/she was infected because even children, adults and even the king and families were infected and they all just came to a conclusion that if it wasn't their gods punishing them then it must have been that they have been cursed by someone or they had done something so bad that thus is just time for vengeance.

Some were even checking themselves (character wise) and some even got to the point of confessing their evil deeds towards their families and other people but no one ever thought of the illness as a contagious diseases just because they didn't know what Iniowo had nor did they seek help to know what it was and had even didn't stigmatize her with the right thing, they just did it out of contempt,jealousy and the biggest of all IGNORANCE.

So their ignorance became their own stigmatization.
And the consequence of the igno stigma here was death because they started dying from lack of proper treatment and even in real sense lack of proper education (illiteracy) and common sense.

Ignorance in this case was that they didn't know what Iniowo had and didn't bother to get help.

Stigmatization in their sense was the blindfold and also waste of time that couldn't or wouldn't let them get help at all.

The result of igno stigma is mostly bad.

The consequence of ignorance and stigmatization is always gruesome for both the victim and the stigmatizers.

Thanks for checking out this book guys. This is the end of igno stigma in Agbaje land as you've read they all died but not to worry because its just their story that ended,well another short story based on igno stigma will be coming up.I,m so sorry if this particular story was too short. Pls you can send your ideas on things you want me to add to the story. Thanks again and BYE.....