Chapter 1:Nightmares

Quick note: Most of this book will be in the POV of Astrid or Ryoto. (POV change will be indicated) (the pic above is Astrid's wings, just imagine them black and alot bigger.)

If you want me to make a special chapter just message or comment down below.

On to the story~~~

____________________________________________________________________________

Red blossoming against black. The colour sequence I've gotten used to over years of seeing it. Actually, now that I think about it, iIve been seeing black most of my life, the red just became an accent to it. You can draw red with silver, did you know? Red and silver against black, it's become natural to me. Probably not the greatest, but I can't exactly get rid of it, something would be missing if I did.... I think I may need help, but I can't. Who would listen to someone like me?

____________________________________________________________________________

I was broken out of my nightmarish thoughts by the sound of my annoyingly loud alarm going off beside my ear. Turning on my side, I placed my hand on the 'off' button and looked at the time.

'6:30... Why do I even bother setting an alarm when I'm always up earlier than it anyway? Wait.... what did I set if for again?.... Oh yeah. The entrance exam.'

Closing my eyes, I took my hand off of the clock and dragged it down my face. Finally, I found the energy to lift the heavy black covers off of my body and to sit up, placing my feet on the small rug underneath my bed.

'Great.... I'm probably gonna have to socialize today. Just watch, I'm gonna have to talk to the most annoying people ever, knowing my luck.'

Sighing, I stood up and walked to my closet, picking out some black ripped skinny jeans, a dark blue fitted turtleneck tank top, and my black leather jacket. Walking over to the bathroom with my clothes in hand, I put them down on the counter and hopped into the shower. Unfortunately, I had to wash my hair so I took an extra 15-20 minutes or so,

'Long hair is both a blessing and a curse I swear'

It took a while but I finally finished my shower and put on some athletic clothes underneath my outfit. Just a low back tight tank top and shorts. Honestly, I'm probably not even gonna take off my pants. Way too much effort. Slipping into my tank top I looked into the mirror and deadpanned.

"Yeah..... I ain't dealing with this today. My hair can wait."

Grabbing my jacket and some socks I exited my room and slid down the banister. Reaching the end, I jumped off and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed an apple out of the basket on the island and bit into it, leaving it hanging in my mouth as I went to the cupboard, picking up two bowls on the way. Reaching into the cupboard I shook some pet food into the bowls. 

I looked down when I felt paws on my legs. Both of my cats were already at my feet looking up at me with large eyes. Placing the food bowls down, by the wall, I crouched and scratched their ears as they ate. Smiling internally, I stood back up and threw my apple core into the garbage.

I snatched my motorcycle keys and wallet off of the small desk in the front hall, sticking the wallet in my jacket pocket and zipping it up then looping the keys around my finger as I laced up my gray combat boots. Walking out the door, I grabbed the hair tie around my wrist and combed my hair into a messy low ponytail as I swung my leg over my black motorcycle, putting the matching helmet on the handle over my head.