part 4

Jirou didn't leave her room after she was excused for five hours. Her thoughts were jumbled, and her room reeked of sweat, and her heart filled with dread. Her throat and lungs had a similar kind of filling, but instead it was flowers that dared to escape every ten minutes. Her hair was matted and Jirou could imagine her face was crazed. She hated this. She hated having such a silly crush, she hated being sick, and she hated herself. Her lips and mouth grew dry, despite the not-so-healthy amount of blood on them. The air conditioner was the only thing keeping her from going mad, the hum from the machine filling her mind with anything other than what would happen the next day, and the cool breeze slowly calming her. Jirou took deep breaths, and let the flowers come out soundlessly. Maybe she could ease her way out of this disease. As much as she wanted that to be the truth, Jirou knew that would never be the case.

She pulled out her phone and flopped onto her bed. Kaminari and Kirirshima were in a heated argument on whether or not All Might would wear Crocs. Jirou snickered about the boys, ignoring the pain it brought her. She typed a quick message to the group chat.

HOWDOTHEYNOTGETTANGLED - what up fellow losers

knowshowtodefeatsomeonewithaknife - You aren't a loser! You're going through something serious, and surviving. I think that's pretty cool.

Tetsutetsu - I TOLD YOU KAMINARI HE'S MANLY LIKE ME!!!!! I WEAR CROCS SO HE MUST HAVE THEM TOO!

Tetsutetsu - also, Jirou, I agree with Ururaka. You're super manly! I respect that.

HOWDOTHEYNOTGETTANGLED - i don't think it's possible for you not to say the word manly in one text honestly.

smolmightconfirmed - You aren't a loser. You're great!

HOWDOTHEYNOTGETTANGLED - midoriya!!! you ruined your pureness!

sanicthehero - How so, Jirou?

HOWDOTHEYNOTGETTANGLED - he lied! lying is a sin!

pervmcgee - so is being gay

TRIGGEREDBOI - COME HERE YOU SHITTY GRAPE!!! IM GONNA BEAT YOU TO A PULP FOR SAYING THAT!!

icyhot - Mineta,, would you kindly suck my dick?

pikachu - that's pretty gay

HOWDOTHEYNOTGETTANGLED - not as gay as me!

Jirou turned off her phone and sighed. She was pretending to be okay for just a few people that she cared about. She was ruining her mental and physical state for a beautiful girl she loved. Her head hurt, so she decided to take a nap. As her eyes fluttered shut only one image remained in her mind. Momo.

/\/\/\

Jirou woke with her vision clouded. It was 10:00 AM on Sunday. Instead of a nap, Jirou slept for the rest of the day and an extra ten hours. She felt sleepier than usual, even if she slept an excessive amount. She knew she had to train, even if she was practically swimming in blood stained petals. It wasn't any excuse that she was dying. She had to act normal. She had to forget about Momo, even if it was only for a minute. Tears welled up in her eyes, but she but her lip to hold them back. She angrily changed clothes, throwing her shirt aside and changing into a sports bra. Usually, unless Momo or Mineta were there, Jirou felt safe wearing just yoga pants and a bra. Boys in her class only did friendly wolf whistles, and she was comfortable with whatever shit girls would throw at her.