Entry 24 ~ ♡ Forever and Always ♡

Major time skip, m'dudes
❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀

      The sun shone through an open window, casting a gleam across my eyes. I stirred lightly, my senses awakening alongside me. There seemed to be a light breeze outside, the ruffle of white curtains accompanied by recurring chirps found their way to my ears. I adjusted my position, an attempt to reclaim slumber, but the light was irrefutable. Eyebrows furrowed, my eyes flickered open, a blue sky ready to greet me. I drowsily watched Pete fly amongst the clouds, a full pouch of letters strapped to his back. For a while, I gazed into the scenery, my body clearly enjoying its stay under the gray patterned fabrics and bronze sheets.
     My eyes soon found their way to the clock. The antique let me know it was 8:30, and my desire to reside in bed would have to end. I turned in place, flipping over until my eyes landed on him. His back rose and sank in his slumber, cheeks flushed and brown hair disheveled. I found myself smiling at his state, restraining a hand that dared to trail down the side of his face. I leaned forward, pecking the roof of his nose before sitting up.

✿ • ✿ • ✿

The expresso machine whirred to life, rumbling against the mugs. I leaned against the counter as the coffee brewed, the dark brown drink rapidly spilling into each cup. (Y/n) had bought us matching mugs. Half a heart was imprinted on both of them, one black, one white. If we put them together, it'd be whole, but not perfect.

Just like us.

As I removed the creamer from the fridge, shuffling could be heard by the stairs. It didn't take long for (Y/n) to prance into the kitchen, humming the town tune.
"Morning Belle," he said with a grin, though there was a sleepy dullness to it.
"Good morning," he came over, kissing me swiftly on the lips before heading to the refrigerator, most likely to start breakfast.

Bacon and eggs sizzled on the stove, and pancakes took form on the griddle. (Y/n) shifted to each side, theatrically flipping the food until it was done. I set the table in the meantime, occasionally stealing glances at his childlike actions.
"Here you are.." (Y/n) said absentmindedly, serving himself and I.
"Thank you," I reached for my mug, taking a big gulp of the beverage, an attempt to chase away the drowsiness.

✿ • ✿ • ✿

Just as I'd seen through the window, it was a pretty nice day besides the chilling wind. I was unable to see the foliage from the second floor; trees were gradually blossoming, pink buds dotting the branches. As usual, all was in a pattern, symmetrical of course. (Y/n) always has a plan and strives for his own form of perfection. Though certain residents do tend to favor a messy side of things, something about a beautiful and orderly town that we had the pleasure of living in made everyone adorn some type of grin.
     In fact, the thought helped me form one of my own, and I looped my arm in (Y/n)'s, leaning into his muscular build.
     "What's up?" He asked, maneuvering so that he'd have no trouble walking with my weight on him.
     "Nothing," I began, letting the smile shape my voice. "I just love you."

     We'd adjusted the Town Hall to better suit us. The comforting atmosphere remained; wool carpets, chestnut woods, and red accents still gave the office new feeling, but we'd switched the position of the desks. Now we sit across from each other, face to face. It's a better way to stay focused. My train of thought is constantly interrupted when I know (Y/n) is there, but I can't see or feel him.

He also has this adorable face he makes when he's engrossed in his work. His eyebrows are all scrunched up and he tends to roll that little bear pencil of his in between the top his lips and front of his nose.