Entry 23 ~ ♡You're my Rainbow♡

This one may be a little less eventful than the others, it's nothing but fluff though!
Enjoy~
❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀

     I ran a brush through my fur, much less than gracefully. I tend to have a very difficult time getting through my easily matted mop of golden fuzz, but I wanted to look presentable for him.
"Iz? He's here for ya!" Digby leaned into my bathroom, grinning. I had a long talk with him after I came home late the night I told (Y/n). He told me that he was okay with my decision, despite it being unprofessional in his eyes. He cared more for my happiness, and I'm surprised I never thought of that.
"Thanks Digs," I replied, neatening the rest of my attire.
"Don't get too distracted out there, have a good day," he comically added despite my reactive glare.

(Y/n) was waiting at the door for me, smiling once I came into view.
"Morning Belle!" He leaned down and kissed me on the cheek, playfully nuzzling into my fur.
"Good morning (Y/n)," I replied, pulling him into a small embrace. Though I wouldn't mind staying in his arms forever, I could feel Digby's smirk on my back and ushered (Y/n) out of the house.

     We walked hand and hand to the Town Hall. (Y/n) swung the arm hooked around mine, humming happily. Spring came early this year, and (Y/n) was quick to redecorate the town. Pink, orange, and yellow roses now lined the brick paths. The flowers on bushes were yet to bloom, the vibrancy of their leaves sufficient until then.
     "Soo.." (Y/n) began, as he usually did. "Did you sleep well?" He asked with a grin. His fingers danced around mine, awaiting a response.
     "Yes, I always do when I dream of you," I teased, acting as if what I said had no real meaning. (Y/n) stumbled, nearly sending himself to the ground, and me along with him.
     "Why do you feel the need to say stuff like that?" He huffed, seemingly upset, yet he hugged me closer.
     "Well, it wasn't a lie," I replied slyly, preparing my next attack. "No matter where I see you, everything just gets brighter. I am in love with you, after all," I concluded, holding back a snort when (Y/n) was quick to look away from me, rubbing the nape of his neck.
     "Belle!" He whined. "Stop.." he dragged out, pouting. Even so, his grip on my hand tightened. "I love you too," he mumbled, hardly audible. To spare him a brighter face, I ignored his heart mangling words.

     The Town Hall came into view shortly after, the navy blue roof a backdrop for the towns flag, that swayed calmly with the breeze.
     (Y/n) removed the key from his back pocket and worked the door open. He stepped back, allowing me to enter first.
     "Thank you," I said responsively, heading to my desk while (Y/n) closed the door behind him.

✿ • ✿ • ✿

     I reminisced the time I spent in this chair. My pining for (Y/n), his bright, contagious smiles, my desperation, his naivety, and so on.
If anyone else had stepped off that train, would I have latched onto them too? My gaze trailed over to (Y/n), who was scribbling away on a document. His dark chocolate hair was the only feature visible, swishing furiously as he wrote. He must've felt my stare, because he soon peered up, simpering softly when his eyes met mine.
"What's up, Belle?" Sunlight poured over his skin, causing his entire being to fluoresce even more.
     "Nothing.." I replied, still looking intently. I knew a long time ago that he had me smitten, yet it's somehow a shock every time.

No, definitely not. Was my answer.

     I'd managed to go back to work, but memories of (Y/n) and I fluttered about in the back of my mind, a minor distraction. That's why when (Y/n) let out a cheerful gasp, I was quick to respond.
     "What's wrong, (Y/n)?" I slid my chair away from my desk, turning to see (Y/n) gaping out the window. He waved his hand, an attempt to hurry me over. The second I was close enough he absentmindedly grabbed my hand, placing me in front of him.
     Out the window was a gorgeous band of colors that stretched over the town. It grazed the leaves on trees and hugged the clouds, an evident picture in the sky. I couldn't recall the last time I'd seen a rainbow. A while back, before (Y/n) took on the role of mayor, the matchless beauty that colors held lost their appeal. Everything slowly grew dull, uninteresting. The only pigment I remember is gray, which can be beautiful in different regards, but it was a symbol of drain for me. I shook my head, there was no need to look back on that. My life was vivid now.
     (Y/n) held me tenderly in his arms, his head resting contentedly on top of mine. His midnight eyes never left the sight. Each hue hugged the other, a mesmerizing display for whoever had the pleasure to gaze upon it. We stayed in that position for a while, basking in each other's company alongside the radiance of the rainbow.
     "(Y/n)."
     "Yes?" I turned around in his arms, his embrace never loosening. And in that moment, we just stared into each other's eyes. Not really searching for anything, in fact, all I needed was right in front of me. I used to think I was unworthy of having someone so loving, so energetic, so perfect. But I soon realized how capable I was. Who else would appreciate (Y/n) for all he has to offer? Who could see their whole world the second they laid eyes on him? Who could fully accept his ignorance and childlikeness, to find joy in the flaws that truly brought out his everlasting effervescence?

I did, I can, and I won't ever stop.

     "I love you," I whispered, the words barely leaving my lips. (Y/n)'s grip softened at that, a hand rising to caress my cheek. He leaned forward, dotting kisses from my forehead to my nose. His mouth then waited idly above mine, teasingly even. I was the one who turned, closing the space between us.

❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀ • ❀
Authors Note

This was supposed to be the last chapter, but I want to keep writing about these two so there'll be one more.

Thank you so much for supporting and loving this story! I had a lot of fun writing it and reading your sweet comments!

If you're confused about Rosie, the conflict was Isabelle's brain and tendency to overthink.
Rosie was a physical representation of this (alongside many others). When Rosie said Isabelle was 'slow', she really meant that Isabelle was taking too long with her feelings, and Isabelle misinterpreted this and thought Rosie as her temporary rival because she kept overthinking it.

See you in the next chapter! Thank you again! :3