Chapter Thirty Four

Start from the beginning

The three men present there stood up, shaking hands with whom they assumed to be the notorious businessman. Once the exchange was done she stood beside Matt as the duo continued with their deal on the Eastbound Company. One of the man, named Andrew Simona chimed in right before the meeting would begin. "One of our member is running late, because of the short notice. He will be here shortly."

"Reasonable." Replied Mark, looking at him and offering a small yet form smile, making sure to look as professional as possible. How was the company's playboy goofball to portray Conner Manhattan?

After almost Forty seven minutes of constantly checking her watch, Sophia began to calm down. While Matt took care of the clients, her head was storming through ideas to put forth. Conner wasn't going to take too kindly to this little circus act of theirs.

Not even a minute passed when suddenly, the door was held open by another woman, Brenda. "I apologise for the disturbance-" She quickly mumbled right before a tall, muscular figure dressed in Armani walked through, a smiled plastered against the two folds.

"I apologise for the delay, I had to take the long route-"

That voice.

Both Matt and Sophia looked at one another, their eyes showing the similar horror swirling back and forth. "Salvador." Sophia whispered under her breath, petrified.

Salvador strolled through the entrance, big confident strides as he didn't bother to look at the man that was seated in front of him, on Connors chair. Walking straight to who he knew, he smiled and greeted his own colleagues Andrew. The two exchanged quick handshake before ...the dreadful moment finally came.

"This is Connor Manhattan, not like he needs an introduction." Like a puppy in love Andrew pointed towards Matt, who looked as pale as the moon.

Casually so, Salvador lazily glanced over at 'Connor' only to horror wash over his face, his eyes widened with surprise and his brow arched. This wasn't Conner-

Stepping in quickly, Sophia stood in front of Salvador and looked at him pleadingly, without having to say much. Her eyes clearly conveyed the helplessness, and Salvador understood.

'Bingo' He thought.

"Oh yes! Mister Connor, a pleasure to meet you after so long." Lifting her arm he gladly held it out for Matt to shake, which he did but with a tad bit of surprise.

Salvador was happy, after so long did he finally get Sophia under his wings and he was sure to use it to his full advantage.
The three men sat down and continued with their said meeting for another hour.
Sophia, on the other hand was ready to worship Salvador. Even though he knew who Connor was he chose to stay quiet and not say anything. He was a saviour, so perhaps what Connor had fed her were nothing but lies.

After another hour or so, the meeting ended with Manhattan business successfully scooping up a large portion of raw material with the Diaz industries. That meant a big deal for the business world, two thriving companies coming together.

Also meaning two big rivals coming together.

As Sophia walked out the conference room behind every one, she only had two questions running through her mind, how would Conner react to all of this. And if he would kill her.