Chapter Twenty Three

EXTRA LONG CHAPTER.
NEED LOTS OF COMMENT, THEY MOTIVATE THE WRITERS.
I WILL READ EVERY COMMENT
MAKE SURE YOU VOTE AND COMMENT.

Sophia slammed the file on the counter and groaned. All she could think about was that man and the way he kissed her, it wasn't their first kiss, he had kissed her before in his house but that kiss was not this damn distracting. Now all she could think about was how much the kiss had affected her and how soft his lips were and just how perfect it felt.

''Are you purposely ignoring me?'' She heard a shrill voice coming from towards the door, too bad she knew who it was.

''Shery would you mind knocking?'' Sophia looked up fro, her desk and instantly groaned inwardly. Shery was dressed in a skimpy little dress that barely covered her ass. She was and old woman for godforsaken reputed office! ''What are you wearing?'' Sophia snapped, knowing fully well this was not how an office attire should be. Shery frowned t her but shrugged and entered the cabin, closing the door behind her. ''First of all the office hours are almost over so I'll be heading for my date now. Secondly here is your cold coffee with chocolate ice-cream, seriously grow up. Who eats that shit anymore?'' She walked over to the table and placed the cup and the ice cream mini box right in front of her. Sophia looked at her with her murderous eyes but chose to ignore her comment.

''Very well. If you want to wear such skimpy clothes kindly choose another office-'' But before Sophia could finish she heard a bitter laugh coming from the lady standing in front of her.

''Oh boy. Well, let's get something's clear. I have a contract for four months here, you can not fire me before that'' She walked back towards the door and opened it, ''Let's hope my work finishes before that'' She whispered to herself and walked out, slamming the door shut.

Sophia was fuming. She was going to find the person who recruited this bitch and kill him without mercy. She stood up from her table and grabbed the ice cream box, quickly opening it and taking a big scoop out of it. ''I've had enough of this nonsense. I won't let this woman affect me and my work but she does need a lesson'' Sophia smirked to herself, the same smirk she had when she dumped all her food on her homeroom teacher back in high school.

This will be fun, she thought.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Sophia gathered her things and stuffed them into her purse. It wasn't just the annoying secretary she had to deal with, her daily reports were becoming a wreck too. Whatever she was supposed to submit was not positive and she knew Conner was not happy with her work.

"Mrs. Morin?" She heard that deep voice and it instantly made her want to run.

She turned around and looked at a very angry looking Conner.

"This is the fifth report this week and it's still negative" He walked inside the cabin and placed a file on her desk. "Explain"

Sophia took a deep breath and picked up the file,"I'm sorry Mr. Manhattan. But to be honest I have no clue what is going on right now. I must sound absurd but the finances just don't match" Sophia gulped and turned the pages of the file, her hazel eyes scanning through them. "I did everything, every report was scanned and matched but it feels like whatever is there on my file is different from the actual one"

Conner looked at Sophia for a moment, she looked so apologetic. Suddenly, hs last nights deed crossed his mind and he cursed himself. He had kissed Sophia without any self-control and that was just plain stupid.

"I see. Well I give you another two weeks to figure out what's wrong" Conner knew he was being harsh but he had a company to run and outside Sophia was just an employee to everyone. He had to treat everyone equally. But considering how he felt for her, he did not fire her on the spot like he would have dome with any other employee. He wanted to give her a chance.