Jealous Maggie 1 (Sanvers)

"I just had this random idea (as a one-shot or something). What if before Maggie and Alex are engaged, someone from outside, a warrior or prince/princess, whatever came to the Danvers Kingdom to court Alex to marry her. Obviously it wouldn't happen, I'm just a sucker for jealous Maggie and a lil bit of drama with a happy ending." - Willow on ao3

Alex is asleep in Maggie's arms when there's a knock at the door. They wake up quickly but blink slowly as their sleep-addled brains process the noise.

"Sir Alex?" A voice comes through the door. It's familiar enough that Alex relaxes back into her girlfriend's arms, probably one of the guards that she hasn't gotten to work with yet to improve their skills. 

"Yes?" She answers as Maggie's arms tighten around her. 

"Her Majesty wanted me to inform you that there is someone arriving around midday that would like to meet you."

"Meet me?" Alex murmurs in confusion to herself before responding. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. You know where the meeting will occur. Good day, Sir."

There's a moment of quiet where Alex can hear the guard walking away.

"Do we have to get up?" Maggie asks, giving her girlfriend an adorable sleepy smile.

"No. No, we have a little bit of time." Alex answers, smiling back. 

Maggie's face lights up and Alex melts at the sight of it, falling in love with her girlfriend and those dimples a little bit more.

***

Once Maggie and Alex gather the willpower to leave their bed, they get dressed and head to the throne room. 

"Alex, Maggie," Eliza greets her daughter and her daughter's girlfriend warmly. "I had some food prepared. Feel free to eat while I talk."

Alex nods. "Thank you. Do you have much information about this person coming to visit me?"

"I know a little, yes. Her name is Siobhan Smythe She is... misguided in her reason for coming here. Perhaps misinformed would be a better term." Eliza sighs and rubs her face. "She has powers, not like Kara, but like a human who gains powers. She calls herself the Silver Banshee."

"I'm guessing her powers have something to do with screaming, then." Maggie says as she grabs a piece of bacon from Alex's plate. Alex pouts at her but lets her have it.

"Yes. It's a family curse of some kind. She can be dangerous, but she's become a good soldier. She's smart and knows how to use her powers to her advantage." Eliza explains.

"So why is she here? Does she want me to train her to become a knight?" Alex asks, taking a sip of her water.

"She's hoping to marry you."

Alex spits the water she was drinking right back out into the glass. She wipes her lips with a napkin almost absentmindedly, looking at her mother with wide eyes.

"She wants to what?

"Her family is fairly influential and now that people know you like women, girls have been coming out of the woodwork to court you. I've managed to stop all of them so far from contacting you, but Siobhan is frustratingly persistent. I wasn't certain if you would want me to tell her you're taken, I didn't want to tell her that without your permission." Eliza sighs and rubs the bridge of her nose between two of her fingers like she's trying to massage out a headache.

"Gods. Alright, I'll talk to her." Alex sighs.

"Are you sure you don't want me to talk to her?" There's a fire in Maggie's eyes that Alex hasn't seen before.

Alex gives her girlfriend a soft smile and squeezes her hand gently. "No, I think it should be me. But I'll let you know if I need anything or if I want you to talk to her. Okay?"

Maggie purses her lips but nods, understanding. "Okay. And you'll let me know if she tries to do something stupid?" 

"Of course."

"Where do you want to have the meeting, Alex?" Eliza asks.

"The throne room seems to formal, like I'm entertaining her notion of... courting me." Alex grimaces at the thought of anyone but Maggie doing that. "How about one of the private meeting rooms?"

Maggie's lip twitches down briefly at the thought of her girlfriend alone in a small meeting room with some woman who thinks she can rush in and sweep her off her feet. She's not worried about Alex doing anything, of course. She trusts her girlfriend with every fiber of her being. It's this new girl that she doesn't trust at all. And she knows that if this Siobhan tries anything with Alex, Maggie should worry about Siobhan's safety. Alex can more than take care of herself, and Maggie knows that if she tries anything knowing that Alex has a girlfriend, that Maggie won't hesitate to break her nose.

"Alright. I'll send her to the second meeting room once she arrives, which should be in a couple hours. You girls enjoy your breakfast and do whatever you need to. I'm sorry I wasn't able to deter her." Eliza's lips purse and Alex can see guilt in her mother's eyes.

Alex sets down her half eaten bacon strip and walks over to her mother, pulling her into a hug that Eliza returns enthusiastically.

"I know you did your best, Mom. You don't need to be sorry." Alex says softly to her, giving her a gentle squeeze before letting go. 

Eliza gives her daughter a proud smile and kisses the side of her forehead before stepping back to look at paperwork while Alex and Maggie finish eating. She acts like she isn't looking when Maggie gives Alex a loving kiss before Alex heads to the meeting room. 

Maggie watches her girlfriend go and Eliza stands up, quietly moving over to stand next to her. "Perhaps training with the guards will take your mind off it."

Maggie jumps. "Gods, I didn't hear you approach. But yeah, that's a good idea. It probably won't work, but I can at least try."

"She'll know where to find you when this is all over. Alex will be okay."

"I am pretty predictable. And I know she'll be okay," Maggie sighs. "I just wish this didn't have to happen." Maggie takes in a breath and gives Eliza a warm smile, but it doesn't quite have the same dimple depth as usual. "Thank you for everything. Alex and I will come find you to tell you what happened after she comes and gets me."

"I would expect nothing less. Go have fun beating up my guards."

Maggie chuckles and gives a little wave before turning around and heading towards the courtyard to train and wait.

The first chapter! This prompt will have maybe one or two more? Let me know if you guys have any prompts and I'll add them to the list! Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!