(10)

~Damaged people are dangerous, they know how to make hell feel like home~

I slowly backed away dropping his hand in the process, my mind was slowly trailing back to the place I had just barely escaped, and it had yet been chasing me till this day

Insanity.

Insanity is what made me do things in the past, it was the main the reason.
I looked at my hands and fingers in horror as they were covered in dark red, almost black colored blood.

I'm not insane...
...It's not real

It was dripping like rain in the beginning of a stormy night, on to the floor. My arms were slowly losing their normal tan, and turning into a pale white color.

This is not happening again...
You are strong...
You have control over your mind...

I turned around trying to get a hold of something that can hold me up, even if it was temporarily. I wouldn't bother crying, I couldn't.

"YOU KILLED ME, MY BLOOD IS IN YOUR HANDS." A voice echoed. The voice that I had been dreading had come back, and it was worst than ever.

"No, no, no, no, no." I repeated quietly over and over again frantically.

Reaching out for the vanity, I looked up and saw the most horrifying view of myself. My features accentuated, and emphasized by the new light; there was blood dripping down my face, my hair was suddenly turning grey by the second, looking stringy. My once perfectly shaped nose was now crooked, and then I made the most nerve racking move, I stared directly into my eyes.

My big grey eyes. That even though looked lifeless before, it was the most recognizable feature about me.

Now they were black, small, and bloodshot. This immediately sent chills and shivers down my spine, yet I smiled showing the new dingy, dirty and disturbingly yellow teeth that replaced my pearly white ones.

I felt my hands, and was shocked that they were cold as snow. My mind was drifting away, escaping me.

I looked like her, and I didn't enjoy it one bit. It was like she was back for revenge, to get back at me for what I had done to her. I smiled, even though I had a sudden feeling of a tight hold on my throat.

Yet looking at the mirror, that was placed several inches above the golden lined vanity, showed me that Blade is seated on the bed, it was like the mirror was showing me evidence clear as day that I was going mad.

The same time as the hold in my throat had started bringing strong discomfort, my head suddenly felt a throbbing pain because of the echoing voice that was screaming repeatedly.

Finally, my last piece of sanity had been left all alone, isolated. Now, all the memories, and the evil thoughts had come back.

But I felt free again, my soul ran right back into the arms of insanity. I felt like I'm gasping for air trying to scream for help. Unfortunately, it's just inside my head and I'm not capable to let the scream out. The feeling of someone tightening their hold on my throat increased.

I fell to the floor, gripping my hair tightly, and pulling at it till my knuckles were white, my scalp on fire, and I'm unable to hold it anymore.

I could clearly sense her presence.

I stopped gripping my hair in that deadly grip, and instead I looked up slowly, remembering where I was and who I was with.

Taking the opportunity of Blade's back facing me, I stood up, running to the door, and trying to pry it open absolutely forgetting that the doors key was in the hands of my kidnapper.

All of a sudden, all that I felt was numbness.

He had knocked me out, making the darkness approach me and consume me.

Darkness came like the thick velvet curtains of the theatre. It was as if the daytime had been one part of a play, and the rest was to come after this intermission of night.

~~~

I woke up, once again. As I squinted my eyes to adjust to the light blooming from the lamp beside the bed I'm on. Finally getting the chance to fully open my eyes, I noticed that the room was appointed and baronial.

This time I awoke in a different room that looked like it belonged to the devil himself. The bedroom was extraordinarily big, yet equally elegant and attractive. The whole room including the ceiling, walls, and floor were black as night, although the decor has some grey in them the room still screamed manly and dangerous.

The bed I'm on has dark grey sheets, so did the pillow cases. In the dark room, even the ticking of the clock hanging on the wall had a relaxed feeling, as if it was a heart-beat at rest.

Minerva felt as if the air moved like cool water, and the aroma of the scented candle in the room infused her far more deeply than any candle in the light of day. In the twilight the fabrics were muted hues, as if they too awaited dawn to ignite their colours for all to see.

I sat up, wincing as a sharp pain shot through my back. As I was about to get up and race out the door, yet I had doubted that Blade would not possibly lock it. The door opened slowly, and the all mighty Blade Maddox entered, locking the door behind him.

He was calm, yet his bright silver eyes glowed with worry in the dimly lit room. When he suddenly turned around to find me awake his demeanor changed from relaxed to stiff, eyes from worried to blank. I told myself it was the trick of light making me believe that I was the cause of his worries.

"I see you're awake." He stated coldly, after a minute of silence he began again. "Do you remember any single memory from yesterday?" Strangely enough I had access to a very limited amount of clips of what had happened the night before.

Pushing myself to remember the memories, and bring them back so I could figure out what he had possibly done to me, but to no avail I was stuck with the choice of sticking to the clips I do remember.

"Yes, and why do you ask?" I asked blankly, choosing to lie about the memories. "Lies." He said, totally catching me off guard with his blunt and direct answer.

"If I had indeed no memory of yesterday, could you care to elaborate?" I said, trying to keep the amount of suspension low. Yet my insides were burning with curiosity.

"Go back to sleep." Was his only response, when the only sound in the quite room was the lock on the other side of the door.

If I hadn't been awake, would he have laid down beside me? After all, it was clearly his room, and his bed.

Minerva let her eyes wander the furniture, the audience to the dramas played out in that room, to the highs and lows of emotions, and to the hate that dwelt in that mansion.

She wandered to the window to gaze at the stars, to peek into the universe..
the spectacle that was given when all else was taken, as if commanding her to look, and feel both her smallness and her oneness with something greater.