6: Daniel Greyson

Começar do início

"That's just ridiculous- not going to happen. They would literally have to clear entire neighborhoods." Jared shook his head as the pair exited the locker room through the side door, bypassing the group of fans waiting for them at the front entrance. The fans donned enlarged posters with their faces, along with various other paraphernalia they no doubt purchased at the nearby cart outside Open Field. "Besides, Luca's not the king yet. He has no say in the parliament. He could be a decent person."

"Doubtful, you've met Ian."

Jared smirked. "Third in line for the throne, but first in line for prick of the year. Speaking of Ian, you going to his party next weekend?"

"I would rather light myself on fire."

"He's an ass, but the man knows how to throw a party."

"No thank you."

"You come with me to the party next weekend, and I'll go with you to your upcoming rally."

The simulation matches thus far had made Daniel into a wealthy man. He used his newfound wealth to move his family out of the slums. He set up accounts for his brother's college fund and his mom's retirement fund, as well as investing an appropriate amount into stocks. The remainder of his foundation he reserved for investing in his second passion, politics. For Jared, the money just added to his growing trust fund his family endowed him.

Daniel paused and gave Jared an incredulous look. "That is the worst deal I've ever heard."

"Okay, okay," Jared said, putting his hands up. "Hear me out. You come with me to this party and I won't just go to your rally, I will publicly announce my support for your candidate."

"What's his name?"

Jared winced. "That's not the point."

"He's running for House of Commons, not class president. This isn't a joke."

"I know it's not a joke, I'll do some research before the rally," Jared promised.

"What's the big deal about this party? There are parties every weekend."

"Ian's throwing it in the Mangiatorvi Mansion to welcome Luca to university. It's going to be the biggest party of the year- possibly the decade." Jared said. "Besides, you're my closest ally, but I'm your only ally. It's my responsibility to make sure you don't graduate with nothing but a diploma. You work too hard."

The pair entered from the side door of the auditorium, picking up their lanyards and clipboards. They were informed that the transfers were waiting for them in meeting room six.

"I'll think about it," Daniel said.

Jared pumped his fists in the air, doing his backward moonwalk victory dance. He composed himself just in time to enter meeting room six. Daniel rolled his eyes but had trouble containing his smile. Despite being complete opposites, their allyship worked because Jared was one of the most genuinely compassionate people Daniel had ever met. If not for Jared, Daniel would have long ago lost all faith in those from the upper-class society. 

He turned his attention back to the classroom where 18 transfers sat. The small lecture hall of twenty desks formed two half circles that faced the hologram projector at the center of the room.

Jared approached the front podium with an excited smile on his face. Daniel took the seat behind him, noticing the girl from the simulation ring as Jared began his introductions. Her tall frame and medium build gave her a good base for combat. It was rare to see a transfer in as good shape as the average Oasi native. Her hair sat in a messy bun, and her face was uncommonly free of makeup. The natural look suited her. 

Furthermore, Daniel was amused by the way her eyes narrowed as he made eye contact. There were many ranked competitors who were too timid to hold his gaze, yet here she was challenging him to a stare-off.

She had very pretty green eyes.  

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈