I didn't say anything. I was too busy thinking of which file Mom had wanted me to give Blake.

"Which is like, most of the time." He added.

"You know what." I spun around and glared at him once again. He looked entertained enough to boil my blood. "Since we're talking about your dearest brother, why don't you tell me why you both hate each other so much?"

Blake seemed a little taken aback. He blinked twice, then grinned. "It'll take more than just an invite into your house for me to spill my secrets."

"I don't--what secrets?" I made a face at him.

He took a step close and I took two back, my heart racing now.

"A lot of them."

I shook my head at him and took another step back. "Stay right here. I'll be back with the file."

Blake seemed content enough with that, thankfully, since he didn't say much as I ran upstairs. Or maybe I ran fast enough to not give him a chance to respond. I didn't care. Not one bit.

He was freaking me out and I really wanted him out of my house. I was scared and that look in his eyes kept reminding me of the time that guy had broken into my house. Threatening my life.

My parents too. Maybe what Blake had said earlier was him threatening my parents.

Clearing my throat, I pushed open Dad's office door and stepped inside. Instead of switching on the light, I took out my phone from my pocket with slightly shaking fingers and typed a quick text to Caden.

Blake is here.

Keep up my act with Blake. What was he even thinking when he decided to tell me that?

I switched off my phone and started searching around for the black file Mom had told me about. I was a nervous mess as I reached the white shelf and snatched the black file on the top. Without even caring about the lights, I took in a deep breath and started to leave.

It's fine. It's fine. It's fine.

Just as I closed the door and turned around to go downstairs, I found myself face to face with him.

Blake.

Fuck.

My heart almost lurched out of my chest, a truly horrifying feeling, and I backed into the wall behind me when I noticed the few inches between us. He was tall and very much blocking my only escape. Sudden panic surged through me. Him coming up here did not mean anything good. He was going to do something.

Oh God.

"What...are you doing here?" I managed it out, eyes wide, and nearly winced at the nervousness in my voice. "I told you to stay downstairs."

His lips twitched into another half-smile and I realized that I might just have to slap him or punch him or maybe even shove him down the stairs if that was the only way to make it out alive. I wasn't good at throwing punches, but I'd be a fool if I didn't try.

"I thought you weren't scared, Sky." He said.

A chill ran up my spine as I eyed him, afraid and my heart thudding. He wasn't supposed to call me Sky.

"I'm not." I wanted him to back off. He was creeping me out and I felt like I might scream. Did he have a gun with him? Was he going to hurt me in my own house?

Blake rolled his eyes then, despite the smile on his lips, almost as if he couldn't believe I just said that. It creeped me out even more.

I was going to tell him to back off, push him away myself maybe, but when I saw his hand reaching out towards me, I froze in response. I freaking froze. Not just my body, but the fucking oxygen froze too.