Chapter 14

'Matt's P.O.V'

          We finally arrived. I needed some fresh air to clear my head; What Kayla told me was pretty intense. I stepped out the car once it was parked and followed Kayla to the door.

          "I'm nervous," she said stopping herself from ringing the bell. 

          "Don't be, i'm here with you," I smiled and rang the bell for her. We both stepped back a bit and waited a minute before Jack G opened the door. 

        "It's been ages holy shit," he smiled and hugged Kayla. "Matthew Espinosa, how's it been man?" he greeted me. "Come, Steph is upstairs," he closed the door as we walked in.

       "How is she?" Kayla asked. He looked at us.

       "I won't lie, she's not herself. She hasn't eaten in five days or something and all she does is sleep," he looked down. 

       "Listen, at least you're helping her out," Kay smiled and hugged him again. All of us then walked up the long flight of stairs. Kay and Gilinsky walked into Steph's room first before I slowly followed. She was so skinny. She was pale too. Kayla ran to her best friend and hugged her. They both began to cry. I stood at the door way, hand on my mouth and closed my eyes for a second.

      "Matt?" my eyes shot open and Stephanie stood up. I walked forward and she ran to me. I held her tight. Her arms wrapped themselves around my neck and I held her around the waist. "I missed you oh my gosh," she cried. 

        "Don't cry please, I hate to see people crying," I hugged her. After a while she let go and walked back to the bed with Gilinsky following her. 

        "So we came here for a reason. It's pretty serious," Kayla started. They both looked worried. "It's about Cameron.." she trailed off.

          "he's dead isn't he?" Stephanie covered her face.

          "No, he's awake," Kayla smiled. As we waited for a response Stephanie shot her head up; her face seemed to gain color back. "and he's coming back tomorrow."

            "You're kidding?" Stephanie smiled. 

             "Nope, we aren't" I smiled back. I looked at Jack. He sat there, looking at the ground then up at me. "You Okay?" I mouthed. He shrugged his shoulders. I walked up to him and he stood up and we both walked out the room.

|| Sorry for all the point of view changes! hopefully this isn't so confusing & sorry it's been so long! ||