Chapter 1

The last week of school is always the best, because after that last Monday, comes that last Tuesday, then that last Wednesday, then that last Thursday and Friday. That last week of the school year, no more drama, no more homework and annoying teachers. Just happiness. 

               I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock at 7am. I sat up and realized I had a good 5 minutes before I can start dressing so I layed in bed again. I fell asleep for what felt like a good three minutes. But when I actually woke up, it was 7:45. 

                "Stephanie! Get up! Your going to be late!" My mom yelled from down the stairs. I panicked for a minute and ran to the bathroom. I rushed through everything. I ended up putting a pair of black Vans, a Nirvana shirt and a pair of shorts because it's hot. I rushed to find my glasses and ran down the stairs. My mom waited for me outside, I have 5 minutes before school starts and I wasn't even done getting ready, I placed a coat of mascara, grabbed my bag then ran out.

                 "Finally!" My mom sighed. She was already pulling out when I closed the door. It took a good 3 minutes to arrive in the parking lot of my high school. "Bye, have fun!" My mom waved as I hopped out the car. I smiled than ran inside. I stopped once I was inside because I saw a bunch of people talking, still arriving to their lockers. 

                  "Steph! Where the hell were you?!" I heard. I looked down the hall way of crowded people and saw my best friend Kayla in red convers, high waisted jeans and her favorite baby blue top. She ran to me.

                   "Hey Kayla, What happened?" I asked,

                   "Cameron is what happened!" She grabbed my wrist and pulled me down the hall and to the nurse's office. I looked trough the window to see Cameron and Nash.

                     "What the hell happened?!" I almost walked through the doors. She held me back and said their not letting anyone in yet.

                   "Chase came into school pissed and Cameron was the first person he saw so he punched him in the nose and he got hurt bad, Nash had to break them up so, yeah." She looked down. I walked in and she tried to grab me but it didn't stop me.

                  "Cam." I said softly. He looked up at me, his face looked a bit bruised but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Nash stood up and walked to me.

                    "Your not suppose to be here." He assured me. 

               "I know, but I had to make sure he was okay." I looked at him. Cameron stood up and hugged me.

                     "I'm fine, okay? Now go to class I don't want you to be late." He kissed my head. I said good bye to them and walked out as Kayla walked in to say bye to them as well. When she came out, we walked to our first period together. 

                       The day went by pretty fast, most of the time I wasn't talking, I was to worried. After my 8th period class, I decided I didn't want to go to my 9th period class so I swung by the nurses office.

                        "What are you here for again Stephanie?" Mrs.Gilinsky spoke. 

                        "I'm not in the mood for 9th period today?" I sighed.

                         "Don't you have that class with Jack?" She asked and sat down next to me. I nodded.

                    "Steph, this is the 4th time this past 2 weeks that you've skipped period 9." She reassured me.

                     "I know, Mrs. Gilinsky, it's just i'm tired, I just need a nap." I smiled. She smiled back and brought me to the back where the plastic bed was, I layed there and she said she'll wake me up 15 minutes before the period ended. A half an hour later I was woken up bye a familiar voice.

                       "Stephanie, wakey wakey." I heard a male voice. I opened my eyes to see a dark haired boy. "Morning sleepy head." He smiled.

                        "Jack!" I smiled and hugged him tightly. He laughed a bit. "What are you doing here?" I asked

                     "My mom called me down, said it looked like you needed a hug, so here I am!" He smiled and I hugged him again. We chatted a bit before the bell rang for the end of the day. I thanked Mrs. Gilinsky before Jack and I walked out the door. I hugged him again before we parted ways. I walked to my locker and saw Nash and Kayla walking hand in hand talking and laughed. I smiled and greeted them when they passed me. 

                      "Hey Stephanie." Cameron came from behind me. 

                      "Hey." I hugged him.

                      "I didn't see you last period. You alright?" He asked I nodded.

                      "I'm fine, I just napped in Mrs. Gilinsky's office." I laughed and he smiled. 

                      "Well, i'm going to go." He hugged me then walked away. I smiled and felt myself blush.

                    When I turned to see Cameron, he had this girl against the locker, she was laughing at something he said. Then she kissed him. He looked back at me and smirked right before I began to run away. I ended up in Jack's arms.

                         "Whoa Whoa! What happened?!" He let me cry on him. I didn't say anything for a period of time. "C'mon, c'mon Steph, let's go." He wrapped himself around me as we walked out the building and into his car.