Once they were out of sight, I whined loudly, stomping my feet against the wooden floor and started for the staircase. I shook my arms back and forth wildly to show my discomfort for my current mission.

 “Here I am just tryna mind my damn business,” I ranted as I climbed the stairs, stomping unnecessarily with each step, “And I gotta go all the way up there when I could’a just texted him, but okay.”

 I ranted bitterly all the way up to the attic and contemplated pounding on the door while shouting, “Open the fucking door!” But I didn’t. Instead I stood there for a good five minutes, thinking about how I should go in, what I should say, and how long I was gonna stay in there, which I wanted to be no more than three seconds.

 Rolling my eyes, I knocked on the door firmly and quickly found that it wasn’t closed. It slid open a little so I pushed it open and peeked inside hesitantly, “Christal?”

 He was sitting at the edge of his bed, slipping his feet into a pair of laceless black shoes. I held back the urge to go at his neck for not answering me when I knocked, but that was partly because he was in a tank top and since he was leaning forward, I got a good look at the muscles in his shoulders and arms. A real good look.

 My eyes drew to the tattoo on his upper back, creeping a little over his shoulder. I still haven’t asked him about it, but from here it looks like some sort of crest.

 When he sat up, my eyes shot to his face. There wasn’t anything special about the look he gave me. His head was tilted back and his lips parted — it was a relaxed look. Nothing special about it. The one you gave to a person who poked your shoulder to get your attention. But regardless, my hand tightened on the doorknob and my breathing stuttered momentarily before I stopped breathing right after.

 A second later, the corner of his lips pulled up and he cracked a small grin, “Hey.”

 Just let me sit on you-

 I looked down before I could finish that thought and said, “Your mom just asked me to come get you.” I nodded before turning, pulling the door after me as I did.

 “Hold up.”

 I made a face before sighing and backtracked slowly until I was facing him again.

 “Yup?” I  asked, forcing a small smile.

 His eyes narrowed and he raised his hand, his index finger curling as he gestured for me to come forward. So I took a couple slow steps into the room.

 Then his gaze dropped to my hand briefly. His eyebrows raised when his eyes came back to mine and he said, “Drop the door knob.”

 I did with a heavy sigh and crossed my arms. My eyes went to the left of the room and almost did a double take when I saw an open door.

 He has a bathroom?

 The door was the same wooden texture like the walls which is probably why I never saw it before.

 Well that’s stupid.

 I looked back at him when I saw he was getting up from the edge of the bed and stopped myself from leaning back on my heels and saying “woah” with my eyes wide.

 Muscles.

 Chris wasn’t ‘linebacker muscular’ but he had enough for you to look twice. Or thrice. Or maybe a hundred times. Thing is, he was more lean than he was muscular, fit would be the better word to describe it. He didn’t wear tight clothing or rip his shirt off every chance he got, thank God for that cause I don’t think my heart could take it. His clothes were loose fitting, but often he’d wear T-shirts that clung deliciously to his shoulders but even with his choice of comfortable clothing style, you could tell he was a pretty active guy.