♤Chapter 14♤

When I got to school, I went straight to class instead of waiting in the main hall like I usually do. Before I met Chris, I wasn't waiting on anyone in particular, it was just a way for me to kill time until school started.

 But whenever I stood there by myself, a familiar face would keep me company not long after.

 Today was different. I didn't know how many people knew that I was the one that was in the accident, but I didn't want to risk it, so I found myself sitting by my classroom door. I was there for a while but I didn't even realize it since I was on Instagram and time flies when I'm on there.

 I only checked the time when my teacher came out of nowhere with her personal bags and started opening the door. It was ten minutes until the bell would ring.

 I pulled one of my earbuds out when I saw that she was saying something to me, “What?” I got up and got my bag from the floor.

 “Good morning,” she repeated.

 “Oh, morning,” I replied, walking in after she went in and flicked the lights on.

 I sat my bag down on my desk before turning toward the table that was pushed against the wall. She had a stand that she put the worksheets and stuff on, that we have to check if we're absent, for missing work.

 I let out a breath when I saw that there was only a small packet and two other worksheets. I quickly flipped through the packet and looked at the worksheets. They looked pretty easy so I pulled my chair out and sat down. I pushed my bag over to Chris’s table with my left hand and tried to open the small part of my bag.

 Groaning lowly, I ended up having to pull it into my lap to open it with both hands seeing as I couldn't lift my hand that far up.

 I did not think this through.

 I sat there for a moment, just thinking how difficult this day was going to be and how completely dumb I am. I sighed, pulling a notebook out of my bag and throwing it back on top of the desk and took the worksheets from the table. I placed them on top of the book and started writing.

 I guess this is how it's gonna be.

 Not long after, the class started filling up with kids as it neared the bell. I kept my head down as I did my packet, hopefully I could get them done at least five to ten minutes into class so that I can turn them in.

 There was a knock against the desk and I looked up. The teacher was standing next to Chris’s desk but leaning toward me.

 “Are you okay?” She asked lowly.

 I nodded, my eyebrows creasing in confusion, “Yeah.”

 “If anything happens,” she says, giving me a look and I realized what she was saying, “If you don't feel good, you call me and I'll give you a pass to the nurse, alright?” She said.

 I nodded again, “I'm fine.”

 It was her turn to nod, “Let me know.”

 She exited the class and I caught sight of a couple of kids staring at me. A couple of them looked away subtly when they saw that I was looking but others just continued to stare. My stomach tightened and my face warmed.

 Looked back down at what I was doing, taking deep breaths. I could feel their eyes on me and that made a cold sweat break across my skin and it felt like my skin was crawling.

 The chair next to me pulled out suddenly with a screech and my heart jumped at the suddenness of it startled me.

 “Why are you here?” He asked.