PHASE 17 - LOVE STORY WITHOUT PROGRESS

“...Yes… Mister Kristoff wants to marry you…”

Naomi kept her mouth shut and she bowed down as she heard that revelation. Our atmosphere was engulfed with an awkward silence.

Even the cute baby Riza stopped playing my hair and gave me a curious glare. This girl doesn’t understand us yet, right? But this girl’s facial expression says that she’s longing to have a father.

I have to break the silence.

“Kristoff wants to propose to you himself, but as you see… Rikkun just ruined his plans… Ahahaha…”

I already told her the truth since she was already slapped by the spoiler anyway. But Naomi’s face became much more serious than before. She held her heart and asked a piercing question.

“I know that Kristoff’s intention is good. Marriage would also be better on Riza’s status for having a father… But one thing is really concerning on my part.”

“What is it, Miss Naomi?” I tilted my head.

“Miss Tiara… Do you believe in second chances?”

“Second chances?” I was surprised.

I bowed for a moment, thinking of the correct words I should say to her. My next answer could be fatal on Kristoff’s relationship with Naomi.

But Naomi continued to explain anyway. “Being a teenage parent is really hard for me. I just fell in love with a man, and my world suddenly crumbled. I failed to graduate from junior high, my parents lost their trust to me, and even more, my lover cheated on me. It will be illogical for me to trust Kristoff again for what he has done to my life… But... a part of me still wants to love that person…”

She’s having doubt. I have to remove that doubt on her heart with a convincing answer.

“I think I believe in second chances. We’re just people, and we always make mistakes. Some people just tend to repeat their wrongdoings because they are suffering from the first mistake they made. Sure, you can blame them for that. I have met someone who also made grave mistakes but she did everything she got just to repair their relationship and reclaim their love. If you really love someone, then don’t let logic hinder you. If you want to have the pain in your heart go, then you have to forgive. All that matters is your emotions, your happiness, and feelings for that person. Logic is always out of the question if you’re seeking for true happiness.”

Shimata! I accidentally created a romantically inspirational speech! I just hope my thoughts would reach to her!

“Hahaha! You’re right, Miss Tiara.” Naomi chuckled. “I’m not saying that I will outrightly forgive Kristoff for being a womanizer, but I think I’ll give him a second chance. I’ll give him some free time to be with his daughter…”

Miss Naomi held her chin as she daydreams with a smile.

“But that marriage… I’ll think about it.” She said.

“That’s good to hear, Miss Naomi!” I clapped my hands. “Mister Kristoff would be glad if he hears that!”

“Yaaaay!” Baby Riza jumped on my lap as if she really knows what we are talking about.

Naomi smiled. “Why don’t we schedule a double date?”

“E-Eh?”

<>

So that noon, we scheduled a double date.

We started on something more basic. We decided to eat in a fast food restaurant that offers roasted chicken with unlimited rice and iced tea. I couldn’t eat that much because I’m with Naomi, her baby, and Kristoff.