Chapter 76

Liana

Oliver did not say anything the whole way we were going up from the elevator. His hand was intertwine with mine. A family was sharing the elevator with us and the children was excited as they screamed loudly in the elevator and Oliver's jaw tighten as if he was controlling himself not to say anything, so I quickly took our intertwine hand and kiss his hand.

His head snapped to mine quickly and his eyes softened at me and give me a small smile.

"Mommy, he is so handsome." A small young girl said pointing at Oliver and I looked at Oliver for some reaction, but he put on a straight face and looked anywhere else apart from the family.

I give the small girl a smile and the mother give me an embarrassing smile while her husband chuckled lightly.

"Are you an actor?" She asked and I assume she is around 5 years old.

Oliver looked down at her and said, "No." And looked straight again.

"You are handsome." She said again.

"Thanks." Oliver said and I nudged him to be more nice with the child and he give me a 'what am I suppose to do?'

"I understand him." The father of the child said, " I used to be scared of children too and look at me, we are going to have a second child soon." He said proudly and I smiled.

"Congratulations." I said to them.

"Thanks." His wife said shyly.

"Will baby be handsome like him?" The girl asked her mother and her mother laughed not sure how to answer that.

"He will be much more handsome." Oliver answered and this time the girl smiled.

Just in time our stop arrived and we or I just congratulated them and wished them a happy vacation before we left.

"That was not bad." I said smiling at Oliver and he just rolled his eyes and kissed my cheek and started walking down the hallway.

"We have one more week left here, so might as well we check out more places."

The one week left we spent a good time together and it was sad to leave the beautiful country, but we did made a good one. We met Noah and Melissa again for dinner, one day before our flight and they invited us back for the baby shower taking place next month.

I was not sure if I like the idea of going back to reality when I was living a dream of travelling and working at the same time. I was very nervous about the result of the cartoon strips that I have sent for the competition, but of course I used a fake name to take part and no one knows about it, not even Oliver.

The flight back home was long and tiring and like Grayson said last time Oliver does not sleep in flight. He worked or is awake and do something, everything apart from sleeping.

Once we reached New York. It feels great to be home, but it feels different at the same time. We were dropped at our home first and Oliver was hesitant to say goodbye, but at the end he did with a kiss and said that he will see me soon. I was not sure about what he meant.

I went back to work on a Wednesday and the last time I saw Oliver was when they dropped us off from the airport which was Sunday night. Apparently, I found out from Mia who found out from Grayson that Oliver went back to work immediately as he took two weeks off almost and whatever appointment he missed, he is catching up on that one and I felt bad for him because he might be feeling the stress.

People give me questioning and curious looks once I came back and Aiden joked that I looked more relaxed than before and I must admit that vacation is actually awesome. I told Aiden that he should consider travelling to Japan for vacation and he laughed and said he will put it in his bucket list.

By the end of the day, I noticed banners and posters about the competitions that I have applied for and I stared at the posters and I thought about the possibilities and disappointment at the same time. The result was coming out in a week and I was more than excited to know the result, even though there was a slight possibility that I won't be winning.

Stacy called me after a long while and she said she is sorry about the time gap of lack of communication because she was in Paris in the baking school learning everything as fast as she could so she can come back. She said she will be coming back in few week times and I was so glad that my best-friend will be coming back soon and I wonder how she will take in the news about Oliver and me.

Oliver and I hardly spoke much, but we were communicating through text messages- keeping it short and simple. He said he missed our time together and can't wait to come back home. I feel the same too, I miss him more than ever. His business trip was for another week, at first I was a little upset that he did not tell me about his business trip, but I can't actually say much to him either.

Our relationship is still a secret, I would like to think that because it seemed like when I came back from the vacation everyone was interested at the new couple who was from the advertisement department and they seemed to be the popular one and I was glad about that.

Mia officially moved in with me to the apartment because her school is closer to the place we are staying and she will be starting her school in 3 weeks time. Mia and I decided to go for shopping for her move when I met one of the woman that I had encounter in the elevator outside my apartment and I froze seeing her.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book. If you enjoy this chapter please give it a vote and share it with your friends and other readers. Next update will be later as we hit 5k reads! yay! Thank you so much. We really appreciate your help and support ❤️