Chapter 56

Liana's POV

I did get a text from Oliver after work and he said he still have some paper works to finish and told me to come and drop by in his office once I was done. I was glad that Oliver's office did not have any employees on the floor except his securities and his receptionist/assistant. The middle-aged receptionist seemed to know me because she didn't question about me and told me to follow her and open the door without knocking and I saw Oliver sighing in the middle of the room reading some files with a frown on his face.

I knocked gently before entering and Oliver looked up and he smiled as he put the file down and stood up.

His receptionist, who I learnt was Mrs. Patricia Smith left the room as quickly as she entered.

"How was your day?" He came forward and looked at me.

"Great?" I said almost sounding like a question.

"I am glad to hear that, I still have some files to work on. I wanted to see you though. I know I should be the one coming to you, but I guess you want a little space away from spotlight."

"That's right and I really don't mind if you come to meet me or just me coming." I shrugged.

"You can rest here if you want. I will order some take out here. There is a room here, in case you want to nap and there is computer and TV inside the room." He said and pointed at a little passage and I see a brown wooden door and I nodded my head.

"There is a small room beside that room. There is books if you want to read." He said giving me lots of options. "Make yourself feel comfortable and of course there is drinks inside the fridge and snacks." He said pointing out to the small snack bar which I am surprise that I haven't notice until now.

"Thanks! You can just carry on. I will make myself comfortable." I smiled and he returned the smile and went back to working and I decided to go to the room. The room was big and spacious which was surprising but then I realized well, his office is the only room in this floor, so it was obvious.

As soon as I walked in I was at awe. The room was beautiful. In the middle of the room there was fancy sofas surrounding a glass table. To my left, there was a step that led to a queen size bed. The only source of light entering the room is the huge glass windows. The room looked beautiful, but cold maybe because it looked like it was hardly used. To my right at one corner there was a table with an iMac.. there was a TV and some game control on a glass table near it. There was two other doors apart from the door I entered from. I stood near the window and looked at the sunset. I can see the Busy street below me. I could see the New York City very clearly and it looked beautiful. I sat on the sofa and started playing with my phone. I was getting bored as I flipped to look for some good movies, but I was not really in a mood to watch any movie. I decided to explore his 'small room' with books and I almost rolled my eyes because it was a huge room with books. I thought I almost entered a huge library. As you enter, you can smell the scents of old books. There are two floors in this room, which I was pretty surprise, but well the architecture was amazing. There was comfortable couches and chairs around. It almost seemed like no one used this before, but I saw blankets and pillows, so I assume someone do actually come here at times. There were many genre of books and each section have a tag on their shelves making it easier to search for something. There is a iMac to search for the books and which shelves it is kept. It was too good to call a 'small library' I was enjoying a random book I found on the shelves when I saw Oliver standing right in front of me and it caught me off guard as I screamed and the book slipped from my hand and flew to a side. He laughed, too amused to say anything. I was so into the book that I didn't notice he was standing in front of me.

"I just wanted to call you for dinner.. the take out is here." He said as he smiled.

"Thanks!" I said as I picked up the book and put it on the table.

"You can just take the book home or something. You seemed to like the book." He said.

"Can I?" I asked surprised.

"Of course. You can come here anytime you want. I will let Mrs. Smith know." He smiled. "Let's go, we do my want the food to get cold, do we?"

Thank you for reading this book. If you enjoyed reading this chapter please give it a vote, share this book with other readers and friends if you can. Thank you for all the support. Next update will be tomorrow. Happy readings!