Chapter 50

Liana

"You must be that girl." The blonde with curl sneered as she put her hand on her hips and looked me up and down.

"She definitely is." The other one said, her black hair in a neat bun and both of them give me equally deadly look.

"Excuse me?" I frowned at their behaviour.

"Well, you are not that pretty like everyone said so." The blonde said in an annoyed tone.

"What must be the other reason that he noticed you?" The other one said sarcastically as she put her fingers to her chin and pretended to think.

"Something she did for him behind the doors?" The blonde said laughing.

"What are you guys talking about?" I questioned.

"Don't pretend. We know about your relationship with Oliver." The other girl said coming forward and put her finger on my shoulder and pushed me back.

"This is all false accusations. I am not in any relationship with our boss." I said clearly offended and annoyed by their rude behaviour "Stop before you get into more trouble."

"Oopsie, we forgot who you are with." The blonde said as she fake gasped. "Now you will run to him and tell on us?"

"If this goes around that you told on us isn't it obvious that you are dating our boss?" The other woman said narrowing her eyes. "We are warning you to just stay away from him." She said moving back a bit and giving me my space.

"It is against the policy of the work the way you are treating me and I can call you in for that." I said.

"There is no witness." The blonde said smiling. "No cameras either."

I looked around and realized that what she said was true and I panicked at that thought.

"We are warning you, if you don't want your life to be ruined here, you stay the heck away from him and keep this between us." The other girl said and as soon as the door opened. They give me a fake smile and left and I felt so horrified and scared about what just happened.

'Did they just threatened me?' I thought to myself. 'Did everyone else think the same that I am with Oliver?'

"Miss..." someone snapped me out of my thought and I realized I was still standing inside the elevator and I quickly apologized and stepped out just to find those two girls' talking in their most squeaky voice to someone and I quickly realized it was Oliver, with his tall figure it was hard to miss him and he was frowning and looking at the two girls.I walked to the exit hopefully that he didn't notice. I walked towards the bus stop and I was glad not to find anyone I know in the office when I was in the bus stop. I was too upset about the elevator thing and if I again encounter those whispers it would upset me even more.

"Wait for me." I heard his voice before I see him and I panicked. The bus was not here too.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned him once he caught up with me.

"Well, I came to talk to you." He said as if that was the most obvious thing and I looked around me to make sure no one sees us.

"About what?" I asked quickly wanting the conversation to end soon.

"About you. You are behaving very weird lately. I just wanted to ask if everything is fine and if you want to talk about it." He said.

"Everything is absolutely fine." I lied and looked in front.

"This is what I am talking about." He said.

"You are dropping by at this office so often now?" I tried to change the subject.

"Well, yeah." He admitted. "I have some work here."

I nodded my head. "Anything else?"

"I just thought we were doing fine?" He questioned.

"Fine?" I said nodding my head.

He took a deep breath and said quickly, "will you be my girlfriend?"

And for a moment I thought I was hearing things. "What?" I asked him to repeat.

"I know it is not how you imagined to be asked to be my girlfriend. It's just I want us to work things out. We cannot work these things out if you won't tell me what's wrong? I had actually planned this weekend to ask you about this, but seeing you so distant. I can't wait till weekend." He admits. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He looked me in the eyes and looked so expectant that it took me everything not to break his heart, but reality is cruel.

I didn't know how to reject him in the most nicest way possible.

"You don't have to answer now. I just want you to know that I want us to try and work it out more than a friend." He said after a long silence.

The bus stop was still empty, surprisingly and cars and buses was moving around. Time never stops for anyone, but for a moment I wished it did because I could pretend everything will work out, but this is reality. He is my boss and of course we come from two different world. We will never work out.

"You can answer my question anytime, hours, days, months and even years. I will wait and I promise."

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give it a Vote and a share if you are enjoying this book.Happy readings!