" I couldn't keep on making the trip up there. Nobody told you to get locked up. " She says.

" It would've been nice to have my Mama encourage me to stay strong. You just left your son for dead. "

" I didn't leave you for anything Jourdin. Your actions got you in there. You obviously acclimated to your surroundings. Where all of those tattoos come from? You got some weight on your now. "

" You don't have anything to do in there but think, work out, and eat. You ain't even write to a nigga. "

" Jourdin you didn't die. You're sitting across from me in the flesh. You survived it and still trying to place blame on me. I had my own life to live. People looking at me sideways thinking I'm the Mother of a murderer. You know how many times I have had to get my house painted because of what you did? "

" I didn't do anything! I was found not guilty. "

" You made sure of that. " She scoffed.

" You just think I'm some kind of monster. I didn't kill anybody whether you believe me or not. "

" Your Daddy has that same way about him too. " She says, pointing a finger to me.

" And what way would that be? " I sit back, furrowing my brows at her.

" He could sit straight across from you and lie with a straight face. " She chuckles. " Like father like son. "

I had trained myself to ignore most ignorant comments she made. The verbal abuse I suffered from her constantly was nothing new. I blocked out most of the negatives when it came to her. " Speaking of Sons. Have you even made an attempt to see mine? I would like his Grandmother in his life. "

Her facial expression became repulsed. " I don't want to see that bastard. "

My fist slammed down on the table as my jaw clenched. She didn't flinch a bit. " Watch your mouth when speaking on my child. "

She chuckled, smugly. " Who the hell were you supposed to scare doing that? I'm not interested in knowing any parts of you boy. Your child will follow in your same Devil ass footsteps it's embedded into his DNA now. Don't even get me started on that slut ass baby mama you have. "

I raised to my feet. " Hit me up when you aren't drunk, Gladys. " I reach in my pocket dropped two thousand in a rubber band on the table. " Somebody tagged your house again. Might want to get that covered up. " I exited from the kitchen heading towards the door.

" Jourdin... Jourdin! " She shouted behind me. I turned around to be slapped in the face with my own money as it fell to the floor. " Keep your dirty ass money. Don't you come around here again! " I nodded and proceeded to exit the house. I left the money there because I knew she'd only end up scraping it up anyways. I get into the car heading to my next destination.

I arrived to Layla's house after a thirty-minute drive. She had moved from the apartment she was living in when I was fucking with her. I had to find out from Flame that she moved away. Didn't this bitch know that I had eyes on here at all times? I get out of the car walking past a white couple exiting from her building. She living boujee these days. I read over the text going to where her floor and apartment number is. I find it and put my phone in my pocket. I knock on the door three times waiting for her answer.

" Who is it? " Her voice hums from the opposite side of the door. I didn't offer a reply. " Who? " She says, as if I said something.

" Pizza man. " I reply.

The locks click as the door swings open. " I didn't order any pi... " Her eyes widen once's she sees me as she tries to shut the door.

I put my foot in the door frame and push it back open with my hand. " That was a cute attempt. " I say, as I walk in. She walks backward with each step I take. I shut the door and lock it turning to face her. " I don't get no hug? "

" Why are you here? Did you break out of jail? How did you find out where I live? "

" Damn. And here I was thinking you'd be happy to see me. " I stepped forward as she ran to the kitchen. I could hear her scrambling around in the drawers. I come around the corner as she holds up a knife.

" You need to leave before I call the police! " She shouts.

" You're starting to piss me off. Put the knife down, and stop all of that yelling before the white people call the police. " I say, calmly stepping forward.

" Don't take another motherfucking step. " She says.

" What did I do to you to make you so afraid? " I chuckle stepping forward again. " Put it down. " I direct once more.

" Leave! " She shouts.

I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose. " Okay. Let do it your way. " I rush forward to her as she swings the knife at me. I lock up her arms prying it from her hands as she screams. I grab her by her hair jerking her head back, and place my hand over her mouth to muffle her yelling. She really was over exaggerating right about now. She bit my hand cause me to jerk back and toss her ass into a wall. I rush over getting on top of her and pinning her arms down.

" Help! Help! Somebody he's gonna kill me! " She continues to shout.

" Shut the fuck up with all that yelling man! I'm not about to hurt your dumb ass! "

" Well, Get off of me then! " She says, out of breath.

" If I let you go can you calm your ass down? "

" Maybe. " She pants. I figured I could meet her halfway. I get off of her and leave her laying on the ground. I stand on the wall watching as she catches her breath. " Why are you here? " She asks, once she has gained control of her breathing.

" I wanted to have a conversation with you and to see my son that you've kept from me. " I explain.

" He's not here and I didn't keep him from you. I wasn't about to bring my child up in no stinky ass jail with no grown ass men. What if people saw us come there with you? Then, our life would've been in jeopardy. "

" As long as you have a child with me your life will always be in jeopardy stupid. " I respond.

" Can you help me up? " She asks, rolling her eyes.

" You Good. " I respond.

" Bitch. " She mumbles. She pushes me to the wall as she walks to sit on her sofa. Normally I wouldn't allow any bitch to disrespect me, but I had I make accommodations for her.

" Where is my son? " I ask, sitting next to her as she fixed her hair.

" He's with my sister for the weekend. " She responded. " Can you answer my question now. Why are you over here? "

" You know when I was in jail I found out something that really fucked me up. I couldn't believe it when I heard it and knew I would have to talk to you about it. "

" Spit it out. "

" You snitched on me? You wrote a statement saying you saw me with a gun and a bag of clothes that night? "

" No. They kept trying to pressure and force me into saying what they wanted me to say. Mind you I was pregnant and they told me they would take my child. I wouldn't ever tell on you Jourdin. You get on my nerves but I wouldn't put you in a bind like that. "

I sat and stared at her. I could feel she was sincere about what she was saying. Somehow her name still ended up on a statement though. " I hear you. "

" Besides, you are free now. Don't spend your time going back over the past. This is your time to do right by me and your child. "

" I plan on doing that. " I reply.

" Good. When I go get him on Sunday I would love for you to come around so I can reintroduce you into his life. Can you just promise to let me do it at my pace?"

" I'll do that for you. " I nod as we shake hands.

" Good. " She smiles. " Now can you leave? "