17: Out Of My Mind

- What's your name B.O.B so they calling you Bob?

Jourdin "Johnny" Draco

     I pull up to Mia's apartment complex putting in the gate code and coming through. This wasn't your typical run-down complex it looked like the folks cared to keep up with cleaning and maintenance. I drove following the letters on the end of the building to keep me from getting lost. I can't believe this chick is just now letting me scoop her after she done been all at my shit. I didn't mind it though it felt like I was picking her up for the first time. With her having her own car she usually volunteers to pull up on me first most times.

     I spit her building letter and pull up to it. She walks down the walkway looking amazing in her tank and booty shorts. I loved how she manages to show just enough skin without looking like a thot. I unlock the door as she gets inside. Before we pull off she leans over as her lips meet mine. " How has your day been so far? " I ask, pulling off once she's buckled up.

" It's been pretty chill. I had a damn doctor's appointment because I thought I found a lump but it was damn bone. " She laughed.

     " I mean I don't want to laugh because that's some serious shit, but how do you mistake a bone for a lump? " I chuckled a little bit.

" Because! " She says, " I was bathing under my boob and it caught me by surprise. I didn't know that was there! "

      " Yo ass should've paid more attention in school Shaw. " I joked, shaking my head.

" But how has your day been though? " She asks, pulling down the sun visor to adjust her makeup.

     " I had to run some errands and make a few plays. One niggas almost got his eye took out but I handled it. I just want a day to relax but it's money to be made, unfortunately. "

" With you just getting out of jail you sure you want to jump back into that life again though? " She closes the sun visor sitting back.

     " I mean it isn't ideal for me, but as a Felon, even though I got cleared for the other shit, it's not too many jobs ringing me back for a legit job. I still gotta eat and provide. It's a tough spot to be in. " I shrug.

" I understand that. " She nods. " Just be careful. "

     " I appreciate you for agreeing to come with me to my Egg donors' house though. I gotta take her ass in doses. " I say, thanking her.

" It's no problem! What's the story with her though? You don't make mention of her. "

     I sigh heavily thinking about the toxic and disappointing relationship we have. " You ever just knew when you weren't your parent's favorite child? You probably can't relate, but for me, I knew for a long time my Mama didn't care for me. My Dad was an old no account nigga, but he treated me like a prince, her not so much! Once she found out he had an outside baby she treated me like shit on account of him. I wasn't physically abused or shit like that but as far as having an emotional, loving, nurturing relationship with her it just didn't happen. My Mom thinks the worst of me all because of Pops. She's always had a mean ugly spirit and when I got locked up she wasn't phased. She won't even deal with my Kid. " I choke up a little thinking of the rocky, tumultuous past I have with My carrier.

     I look over seeing Mia wiping her eyes. " I know your ass ain't crying. " I laugh.

" I mean... That's messed up. It never really occurs to me that there are little kids out here going through that or much worse. " She sniffles. " I can't believe people like that exist. You haven't cried about it? "

     " When I was younger and I would cut my knee, or when I would get into a fight and just want my Mama to hold me I knew I wouldn't get it. I had to toughen up so speaking on my emotions isn't something that comes naturally. "