Kaneki x Doll Reader Part Two

What had he done? Kaneki couldn't bear the thought of looking at the doll that was once Y/n. Your broken pieces laid on the concrete, not a hint that life had ever been inside the shards. He picked up the piece that still had you e/c eye on it. Still as clear as the day he had painted it. Except, for now, it was filled with an unimaginable amount of sadness.  

Touka growled and landed a punch to Kaneki's grey eyes that were now filling with tears.

"Look what you've done! Look what you've done to Y/n!" Touka yelled at him her own eyes welling up with anger and desperation. "She spent all that time looking for you hoping that she would be able to get you to come back! She broke herself countless times looking for you, and now that she found you she shatters because of you!" Touka continues to hit and strike Kaneki. "What have you done?!"

Kaneki in his own mind couldn't even place what he had done to you. The words he had said...they were lies all of them were lies. Of course, he wanted to come home to be with everyone again but he couldn't, it would be putting their lives into unnecessary danger.  It seemed like people with the best intentions always got the worst outcome.

Why was that nearly always the case? The people who slaved away to help others, and be kind always seem to get the worst fate. Y/n was just trying to make him happy and to love him, and because of Kaneki Y/n would never be able to do that. Kaneki had to wonder if Y/n had ever been able to be truly happy or if he had ripped that opportunity away from her completely.

Kaneki cried as he sat there trying to put the pieces together again. Trying his best to bring you back. He needed you, he couldn't imagine a world without you.

"No...please!!! Come back Y/n! I didn't mean it I didn't mean it!!!" Kaneki says crying over the broken pieces of your body. He sobbed and prayed to every god that he knew to bring you back to him. To not allow you to slip away from him as easily as this.

However, your shards just continue to sit there and Touka begins to pick up your shards piece by piece putting them into a small bag.

"You can try to put her back together somewhere else. This isn't the place." Touka says looking at him as he slowly begins to help her pick up the pieces.

Slowly piece by piece your body was put into the small plastic bag small dress and all. Touka had tears in her eyes while doing this. It was heartbreaking to watch what had happened to you and she dragged Kaneki back to Anteiku to force him to try and put you back together again.

But no matter how much or how hard he tried he couldn't. He just couldn't get the pieces that were left of you to fit back together perfectly like they once did. He was not only the cause of your body that had been shattered but also the shattering of your heart, and all he could do was sob as he held the pieces that were left close to his heart. 

There was nothing that he could do to save you. You were now gone. The small little doll that he had once crafted with so much love in his heart was gone. 

When the fateful night came and Arima gouged out both of his eyes and he thought he was going to die. All he hoped for was that he would see you again.