Story 2 - Chapter 13

Story 2

The Gentleman Who Stole My Heart

Chapter 13

I finally managed to excuse myself. Those three ladies wouldn't stop teasing me. Thankfully he had given us some space and left to talk to the other guests. "Neena, please take these." I instructed the young lady helper. She smiled and left leaving me alone to plate the next round of  snacks. 

"Hey, wifey. Need a helping hand?" He spoke coming and standing beside me, sipping on the sky blue drink. 

"That's really sweet of you. But, I guess I can manage here, you be a good host and keep your guests in company. " I smiled at him. 

"Hmm. That I will. Before that tell me what that expression meant, the one you gave tapping my hand."

I stared at him. Was he really so naive or was just having fun out of my embarrassment? I clearly couldn't tell. "Ahh, that... It's just awkward you know. " I felt the heat on my cheeks.

"What's awkward!" He asked, his eyes shining with amusement. He took a step closer. My breathing began to get uneven. 

"That-- what you did before them." I said stepping a little away and focusing back on the plates. 

"You mean this!" His voice reached my ears as simultaneously his hand reached my waist. 

"Yeah!" I said trying not to feel stirred within. He had practically done that through the entire reception at our wedding, still it felt intimate.

"I can do it now, right? They aren't here." He whispered into my ears. His proximity drove me crazy. On it's own accord my eyes drifted down to his lips. No you desperate woman! I quickly looked back at his eyes. Only to find them cascading down to my lips. Yes let's kiss. No. Remember kitchen, party, guests. Shoot! I stepped back. 

His hand reached my tresses, those that were lingering against my cheek. Pushing them away, he leaned forward and kissed my cheeks. I gasped at the unexpected contact. "I love you.." He said softly his love seemed to be the shine I saw in his eyes.

"Ahem, am I interrupting? Actually um.." I immediately turned to the source of noise to find Karan, his cousin, standing at the door, grinning at us. 

"No. " I said immediately stepping back while Arjun showed no movement. He simply continued to stare at me. I stared at him. Move man. Talk to your brother.

"Ahem." Karan cleared his throat. Finally, Arjun reacted turning away from me to face Karan. "What's your problem?" he snapped.

"Boy, I was just thirsty. I thought you were getting me water." Karan smirked.

Arjun picked up the bottle and handed it to him. "Done?"

What! Was he insane! He should be sweet not rude to guests.