Chapter 5: Zachary

"Welcome to Bethania, please find your way to the main building and take a seat." I hear a weird voice yell from an intercom. I thought that since I was here I might as well just follow the rules. I'm thinking that this is a dream, but it feels so real! I find my way to the main building and take a seat in the front row. "Hello, welcome to Bethania's Hall. You all may be wondering why you are here. Can anybody guess why?" I raise my hand, "Because this is a dream," I say with confidence. The announcer laughs and then says, "No child this is real, not a dream, you are all really here. We replaced you all with holograms." I look around and I realized this wasn't a dream, I was basically abducted. "You are all here because you have life problems, whether it's family, friends, disease, whatever the case may be." I'm sitting there still frightened, terrified because I don't know what I'm doing. "Please find someone to room with." I already know no one would want to room with me, so I decided to get my room first. I plop down on my bed in the nicely decorated room. It was nice, it felt nice, kind of like a vacation. "Is anyone is this room with you?" I hear a voice ask. "No I don't really think anyone wants to." "Can I stay in here with you?" I take my stuff off of the other bed so he had room to sit. "I'm Elijah." he says. "I'm Zachary, but of course everyone calls me Zach." "Nice, why are you here?" he asks. He'd be sure to make fun of me, but then again, he's here for a reason too. "I can't make friends, I tried to overdose, and my parents don't understand me...Well, my mom doesn't." "I'm here because I cut myself, and I have cancer." Wow, his struggle is worse than mine. "I'm sorry to hear that, do you listen to Sleeping with Sirens?" I ask. "Seriously!? Of course I do!" I reach in the bag that I had that was packed for me and hand Elijah a SWS bracelet that read, "Wrists are for bracelets, not for cutting." He takes it from my hand and smiles, "Thanks, this can come in handy. I think we'll be good roommates." We unpack and put everything away. I didn't exactly know how long I would be here, nor how many people will talk to me. Even if no one else does, I still have Elijah to help me out. I wonder what's going on at home though. I somewhat miss my small home, and my parents. I realize how much different it is without them. Maybe this is a good place, maybe it will help me see more things. I guess I just needed to get away for a while...