3. [So ... It's A Date?]

Vashtie Carter

Monday morning came sooner than I expected. Dayjah ended up talking me to death last night and now the only thing in my head was how she was planning on setting up a date for Chris and I. I didn't even bother arguing with her because if you haven't noticed already, whatever she said went. I wasn't exactly sure on the day or time, but I definitely knew it was going to happen sometime soon.

I dragged myself out of bed with a much needed stretch and walked into the bathroom connected to the bed room. I brushed my teeth and quickly freshened up so I could get ready for work.

Like almost every morning, Dayjah had walked into my bedroom, but instead she came in with her phone in her hand and a smile on her face. I watched her with anticipation as she beamed at me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to know what she had to say, it would either be stupid, or beneficial.

"Good morning my beautiful, skinny, minus the ass, best friend" she chimed with happiness coming over to give me a hug. I awkwardly smiled at her and held her at arms length before she could wrap her arms around me.

I felt her forehead to see if she had a high temperature. "Haha, I'm fine Vashtie. I'm just really happy" Dayjah laughed sighing with content.

"Uh D, what have I told you about drinking in the early hours of the morning?" I asked as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not drunk, just happy" she replied as I nodded. Did I dare ask why?

"It's Monday morning Dayjah. You're not supposed to be happy, or awake at this time" I glanced at the clock on the night stand. Dayjah had never woken up at 7.30 in the morning. Especially on a Monday morning.

"I know, but you know how I was telling you about this date I want to set up?" she asked as I frowned.

"Unfortunately, yes" I replied with nonchalance.

"Well I'm picking you up after work so we can go shopping. Oh and give me Chris' number so I can set it all up"

I stared at Dayjah blankly as she waited for my replied. "No, and no. I told you already D, I'm not looking for a relationship right now" I said feeling a lot of déjà vu. I might as well call it Dayjah vu.

"Awe come on Vashtie. I know you are desperate for a man to hold you and tell you he loves you. And let's be honest, Chris is fine!" she expressed as I sighed. 100% of what she said was true, but there was no way I was going to let her know that. Well, not now anyways. I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of her being right.

"Come on D" I said grabbing her wrist and attempting to pull her out of my room.

"What're you doing?" she asked as she struggled to break free from my tight grasp.

"Taking you to the stairs... so I can throw you down it" I replied as she laughed.

"It's just one date Vashtie. And if it does go wrong then I'll leave your love life alone. Forever" she raised an eyebrow at me, compromising a little bit.

"Forever?" I repeated as she quickly nodded her head.

"Alright, deal" We both pretended to spit on the palms of our hands and then we shook each other's hand.

Dayjah had tried to set me up with at least 20 guys this month, including the dude who threw up on my shoes, so there was no way I was letting this deal slip through my fingers.

Christopher Brown

"I cannot believe you Chris. I asked you to do one thing, one thing! and you messed up" Karrueche yelled in my face as I sighed with anger.